DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to full charge Battery, when % in 90s

Khurrum

Reactions
Hi,

I charged my battery to full (100%), then did some camera settings and other configurations. Battery dropped to ~93%. Now, how can I fully charged the battery again. When I plug-in the charger, it doesn't charge the battery, unless i think battery drops in 80s...

Plz help.

Thanks

Which battery charger are you using? Do you see any lights on the battery after connecting it to the charger?

There should be a green light on the side of the charger and the ring on your battery should have lights on it to

Attachments

• 15635662461191732237182.jpg
    15635662461191732237182.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 57
It should charge when at any level below 100%.

Do you have any other batteries you can try?

Yep turn the battery on then put in charger. Been that way that they would not re-initiate a charge when above a certain level (90 or 95%) for all DJI smart batteries since the first one in the Inspire 1.

I don't think I've ever taken off with 100% on the battery.

Did powering the battery on first resolve your issue?

Did powering the battery on first resolve your issue?
No, that didn't work.

But I've now noticed that if battery is at 95%, then charging starts without turning ON the battery. If it is b/w 96% -99% , then it won't start charging...

the main reason for having a fully charged battery before flying is it gives you the best chance of a successful flight ,as lipos run down in use, the remaining charge as they get below 50% tends to drop down faster in relation to current draw, also when they are on the charger, the cells are balanced towards the end of the charge cycle so they all have the same voltage this is important if you check your battery status in the app before take off the cells should be all the same voltage,for best performance that is where the intelligent part of DJI batteries comes from as they have individual charge, discharge,controls built into each battery

I agree with the OP, I also have this issue with the original battery charger.

It should charge when at any level below 100%.

Do you have any other batteries you can try?
Unfortunately, it no longer works this way. Unless you first deplete the battery to 97% or below, it will not top off to 100%. Very annoying, but it's been that way since the original P4, and is still true of the Mavic 2. P3P would top off if you turned it on, after putting it on the charger when at 97% and above. Newer DJI batteries won't do that any more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe