DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get last Mavic Pro coordinates

The red line is the supposed line from the last point to the home base. The circles are the last control info (from fatal.log) distance.
687b9d64d9c624e6b29d173c9b3c5c47.jpg

I'm sending the log. It was recorded on litchi.

When I lost the video, I started the return to home. It started ok, but, after some time, started landing. After that point, I'm lost.

View attachment 53309

There is no RTH recorded in the log, but it seems pretty clear what happened. You flew it out very close past a tall building, and then moved it left into the radio shadow of the building. It will have switched to RTH after losing uplink and then attempted to RTH, but been blocked by the building. It likely hovered until autolanding kicked in and then landed next to the building.

screenshot260.jpg

I'm sending the log. It was recorded on litchi.
When I lost the video, I started the return to home. It started ok, but, after some time, started landing. After that point, I'm lost.
That data shows you flying out with Litchi.
You reached 738 metres at 1:31
At 1:41 you cancelled the waypoint mission
You left the drone hovering till the end of recorded data at 12:52.
There is no RTH showing in the recorded data.
When the recorded data ends it was 118 metres up at -19.97622 -43.94515

Yes, it lost the communication with the controller exactly on that moment.
I was recording a video of car traffic, that's why it was hovering for long time.

Just to clarify the building in question:

View attachment 53314
Yes, that is exactly the building where I'm searching it.

The problem is that, when returning to home, it started landing and stopped moving forward, because of battery level. And I wasn't with video feed, so, I did some movements on stick, in a blind way. Not so much. That's why I'm wanting to understand if fatal.log of RC can help with something more than just altitude, speed and distance from home.

Yes, that is exactly the building where I'm searching it.

The problem is that, when returning to home, it started landing and stopped moving forward, because of battery level. And I wasn't with video feed, so, I did some movements on stick, in a blind way. Not so much. That's why I'm wanting to understand if fatal.log of RC can help with something more than just altitude, speed and distance from home.

Why do you think that the RC still had connection with the aircraft?

Why do you think that the RC still had connection with the aircraft?
Because It was connected. Only the connection between the controller and the mobile that was interrupted.
I saw everything on controller until it was landed.

And all this is confirmed on the fatal.log file

Because It was connected. Only the connection between the controller and the mobile that was interrupted.
I saw everything on controller until it was landed.

And all this is confirmed on the fatal.log file

OK, so what was the home distance shown on the RC when it landed?

Sending attached some filtered messages from fatal.log, showing what happened just after clicking Return to Home.

On that exact moment, it was on the last known litchi point.

Attachments

• fatal_decrypted-reduzido.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 2
  • fatal_decrypted-reduzido.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 2
Yes. Exactly that.

And the landing was below 0, since the HP was on a rooftop of my apartment, on the 24 floor.

Yes. Exactly that.

And the landing was below 0, since the HP was on a rooftop of my apartment, on the 24 floor.

The distance value is consistent with that building but, since the RC did not disconnect, it's not going to be behind that, or any other building. And given that you applied rather random stick inputs it could be anywhere along the circle of radius 503 m about the home point.

1542251656161.jpeg

From your logs it seems it force landed with 6% battery left while RTH at 503 meters from home point at height -7m or -16m below home point altitude(24th floor). It may be crashed after connection lost as clearance sensor still showed value 255 so it may not have been close to ground while still landing and battery could have been shutdown in mid-air.

Draw some lines with possible angles from fatal.log but doesn't seem to align with Litchi log so these values indeed may not make any sense.fatal-log-angles.jpg
Also tried to visualize RC data:
fatal-log-angles-graph.png

Attachments

• fatal_decrypted-reduzido-RCvalues.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
At what height was your RTH altitude set to? If it was below 50m then it may have not got past that or nearby building. Green line is for RTH set to 50m relative to home point.

1542274157721.png

Attachments

• 1542273901232.png
    1542273901232.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
From your logs it seems it force landed with 6% battery left while RTH at 503 meters from home point at height -7m or -16m below home point altitude(24th floor). It may be crashed after connection lost as clearance sensor still showed value 255 so it may not have been close to ground while still landing and battery could have been shutdown in mid-air.

Draw some lines with possible angles from fatal.log but doesn't seem to align with Litchi log so these values indeed may not make any sense.View attachment 53393
View attachment 53401
I'm thinking in use the angle x speed X time to estimate the distance ran from the rth original line.

Based on the litchi log, I know the last position. From there, it started the rth until 473m, where is the mark on the attached image. From there I started blind moves. So, I need to estimate what I did on that blind moves. The only thing I know is that with the blind moves I moved it to 503m.

fe6407c759d8d5483072415379fcf042.jpg

Draw some lines with possible angles from fatal.log but doesn't seem to align with Litchi log so these values indeed may not make any sense.View attachment 53393
View attachment 53401
What mean the yellow line on your map? I was searching it more centered on the central line of the rth. 503m centered on it. But, if your yellow line shows some angle it was moving thru, it can be some meters aside from it.
Help me understand your graph.

And thank you so much for your help. You are the first person I saw that knows anything from fatal.log interpretation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot