DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get papers to remove limits?

Sure, DJI could do whatever they want. That feature does not exist today, so only a hack could make it so.
I'm confused... which feature – an altitude limit stored on the drone that can be set to a value and is changeable? Yes there is, and you can change it yourself in DJI Fly and GO4. The app won't let you set it higher than 500m.

If you mean by "feature" some process available at DJI to get a way to exceed the 500m limit? Well, the OP says he's following such a process, and see no reason to disbelieve him, although I have no first-hand knowledge.

I'm confused
I'm fairly confident you're not confused. You're just being difficult for whatever reason.

I know from experience that it's a challenge to even get DJI to consider making flight log changes that would benefit most pilots. There's no chance they are going to introduce a feature (or change if you prefer) to satisfy one 25 year old in Sweden who wants to fly as high as physically possible.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
So, you really are confused then?

There's a big difference between using a product as the manufacturer intended and using exploits/loopholes to make the product do something else. Had DJI meant for those functions to be accessible, they'd still be available today.

So, you really are confused then?
Yes. And I explained why.

I lost some of the enormous respect I have for you with that hostile response. Not that you probably care.

Carry on.

I lost some of the enormous respect I have for you with that hostile response. Not that you probably care.
My apologies then. That was not my intention. I tend not to "beat around the bush" I suppose.

I'm confused... which feature – an altitude limit stored on the drone that can be set to a value and is changeable? Yes there is, and you can change it yourself in DJI Fly and GO4. The app won't let you set it higher than 500m.

If you mean by "feature" some process available at DJI to get a way to exceed the 500m limit? Well, the OP says he's following such a process, and see no reason to disbelieve him, although I have no first-hand knowledge.
Read this: Altitude Limit Removal Dji mini 3 pro

Tony the administrator says:
"We understand. If you want to unlock the 500 m limit for your aircraft, please go to (DJI FlySafe) and upload relevant signed or stamped documentation that authorizes your application for approval. We hope this helps. Have a nice day."

@alexjo55 are you sure that's going to unlock the max altitude restriction? Everything on that site only mentions it will unlock the no fly zone.

1686686360868.png

1686686371961.png

I went through the process for a custom unlock up to this step, and then stopped. Looks like with a custom unlock you can request an altitude:
1000006121.jpg

Reactions: msinger
@alexjo55, set DJI aside for the moment, and work on getting approval and paperwork from the aviation authority in Sweden first.

Given you want to exceed the height limit, which is there for the critical reason of maintaining separation between drone and manned aircraft, IMO you have a very steep hill to climb (pun intended 😁).

I expect that much depends on where you want to do this. If out in rural Sweden far far from airports you have a better chance. If near an airport probably can't.

@alexjo55 i could be wrong of course, but i believe the Mini 3 as with a lot of DJI drones has a hard wired 500m limit from the height of the take off point whatever that height happens to be
You are correct, my mini 3 max altitude setting is 500M. There is no way to overide that, its hard wired. The Mavic 3 series can be set to 1000M, but I have never flown anywhere where 1000M was allowed by the OS, its always Altitude restriction zone, max height set to500M.

then mini 3 mini and 3 pro dont have any other limits that are at 500m what i know of...
Keep in mind the 500m is above takeoff, not absolute altitude above sea level (MSL). If your mission is flying up the side of a mountain while staying within the AGL limits of Sweden, I expect you'll have more success with the Aviation authority than if you just want to exceed 500m AGL to take pictures below, which puts you right in the zone of small manned aircraft and would need a pretty good reason to be there.

Reactions: Joe Horn
My Mavic 3 now has the option to fly 1000m high if you're in the correct Geo zone
of what i understand, you still have to have papers on it and send to dji so they unlock the 500m limit.

Makes no scense if you could fly the mavic 3 up to 1000m that weighs 1kg , and dont need approval from airspace regulators, but you only can fly the mini 3 that weighs 249 grams up to 500m, and still ned approval for the mini 3.

Keep in mind the 500m is above takeoff, not absolute altitude above sea level (MSL). If your mission is flying up the side of a mountain while staying within the AGL limits of Sweden, I expect you'll have more success with the Aviation authority than if you just want to exceed 500m AGL to take pictures below, which puts you right in the zone of small manned aircraft and would need a pretty good reason to be there.
dude...
there are only one 500m limit.
They dont have any 500m limit over sea level, only over ground.

You are correct, my mini 3 max altitude setting is 500M. There is no way to overide that, its hard wired.
On many older drones the 500m limit is set in firmware, for example on my Mavic 2 drones the altitude limit is removed with software from Drone Hacks. They claim their "hack" also works on other drones, but it seems DJI have blocked that possibility with newer firmware on many drones.

dude...
...They dont have any 500m limit over sea level, only over ground.
Yeah dude, but who is "they"?

If you refer to the Swedish authorities, they have max 120m above ground level directly beneath the drone in every moment, nothing about 500m.

If you refer to the drone/app, that is max 500m above the takeoff point, because it's there the barometric sensor is reset when the drone gets airborne. The drone have no means to know the height above the ground beneath during the flight if outside the VPS sensor functional distance.

Yeah dude, but who is "they"?

If you refer to the Swedish authorities, they have max 120m above ground level directly beneath the drone in every moment, nothing about 500m.

If you refer to the drone/app, that is max 500m above the takeoff point, because it's there the barometric sensor is reset when the drone gets airborne. The drone have no means to know the height above the ground beneath during the flight if outside the VPS sensor functional distance.
as i said, there are only one 500m limit on the mini 3, and probobly many other dji drones.
I heard about the bareometer before and i was thinking i could remove it and then be able to fly over 500m, but maybee the drone would not be able to fly if i did that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggybank292003