DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get papers to remove limits?

as i said, there are only one 500m limit on the mini 3, and probobly many other dji drones.
I heard about the bareometer before and i was thinking i could remove it and then be able to fly over 500m, but maybee the drone would not be able to fly if i did that?
It will not take off without a barometer.

You can get an unlock license from DJI to increase the max height setting available in the settings in DJI Fly. You do this the same way you get an unlock for a geo zone.

You will first need to get permission from Swedish Aviation Authorities to exceed the 120m ceiling. Then forward that documentation to DJI. I posted a Screencast of the page earlier.

DJI drones cannot fly higher than 500m. There might be a drone that's capable of doing so, but you'll probably find similar limitations with most (all?) consumer drones.
Actually, the Inspire 3 and the professional/enterprise DJI drones can.

Actually, the Inspire 3 and the professional/enterprise DJI drones can.
Is the Inspire 3 really a consumer drone though? It starts at 16K. That's probably a tad salty for the average consumer.

Actually ANY DJI drone can exceed those limits no problem with a simple software mod...
Sure, many things are possible with hacks and exploits. It sounds like (I think?) the OP wants to legally remove the limit.

Sure, many things are possible with hacks and exploits. It sounds like (I think?) the OP wants to legally remove the limit.
If that's the case there is no point in telling him about drones that can exceed the limit as the OP didn't mention obtaining a commercial level drone. As a recreational pilot it doesn't matter what he or she does it won't change the laws lol. So a Hack is using a drone you're not licensed for.

As a recreational pilot it doesn't matter what he or she does it won't change the laws lol
I cannot say I understand the laws in Sweden and I'm not sure if the OP is only interested in recreational flights.

If you've read this entire thread though, there is apparently a way to get DJI to unlock that limitation. And that of course doesn't involve hacks.

The use case for a recreational pilot is ascending a mountain maintaining a 120m AGL ceiling (Sweden) while exceeding the 500m above-takeoff limit.

Is this legal in Sweden? Don't know. It's certainly reasonable, and is legal in the US. In fact, no special permission is necessary from the FAA to do this, so that might present a problem getting the documents DJI requires to unlock the limit, if it was here in the US. Sweden? no idea.

Interesting problem...

Ruby (see avatar) sez... as with anything and everything humans do, permission must first be obtained from whatever Pug is designated as your area's Pug humanity supervisor.

Last edited:
Lucky you who can reach 500 meters, I can't set it beyond 120 m

Being able to fly high is very useful, without exceeding the limits imposed by law, if we are on a mountain slope the altitude rises quickly and even 500m could be too little

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_213901_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_213901_Facebook.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230624_225912.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_225912.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Joe Horn
...ascending a mountain maintaining a 120m AGL ceiling (Sweden) while exceeding the 500m above-takeoff limit.

Is this legal in Sweden?
It's legal in Sweden... most of the regulations here is the same as you have in US, the most noticeable difference is that Sweden isn't differentiate between Recreational & Part 107 & that we have to get approval to publicly publish vids & pics showing the horizon (risk of showing something secret defense related).

Theoretically you can get approval in Sweden to go much higher than 120m & to fly BVLOS but it will be VERY hard, costly & surrounded with very strict safety measures which needs to be approved by the authorities.

Looking into the OP's earlier history here at the forum tends to paint a picture of a relative new hobby drone flier with a lot of basic questions... as such it will nearly be impossible to get approval or even attention from the authorities.

Reactions: Aairon
I was trying to get approval to fly higher than 500m with my mini 3.
For that i have to make a request to DJI.

In the last step, they ask for a document from the closest airport or something, the ones that controll the airpace where i want to go higher than 500m.

But how to i get those papers?
Do i just contact the airport and say i need approval for flying over 500m and that i want paper on it to send to DJI?

Anyone that have photo of how those papaers looks like?
you can use nld hack and unlock. 24h for free :) up to 5000meters in the sky

And to the FAA, to exceed 400ft AGL.

I would expect that's some of the paperwork – in fact probably the main (and only) document DJI really needs, and due to language barrier issues, they've charactized this as permission from an air

And to the FAA, to exceed 400ft AGL.

I would expect that's some of the paperwork – in fact probably the main (and only) document DJI really needs, and due to language barrier issues, they've charactized this as permission from an airport.
He is in Sweden. the FAA is not involved.

legally or not, i just want to remove the 500m limit.
Been looking for hack to remove it but it doesnt seem to exist for the mini 3.

Man, this thread went way off topic. The guy asked how to get papers to fly above 500m and he got anything but the answer.

And no useful answer from you either as it seems... the link you provided didn't give anything useful for a Mini 3.
Well Mini 3 is on the Drone list. I don't think it was added there by mistake. I don't know much about FlyLusive, I just know they exist.

Attachments

• 1705663319065.png
    1705663319065.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J