DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to, or is it possible to...

sonicpilot

Reactions
I am new to the drone game and anticipate operating the Mavic 2 pro fairly soon. Here is my question: I will need approximately 15 minutes of video. However, I wont be able to simply fly and film for 15 minutes as there are 3 separate events. Is it possible to make 3 flights, and 5 minutes of video each, then stitch the 3 videos together so it appears as a single 15 minute video? All with existing software that comes with the Mavic 2 pro?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

if you start and stop the video you have 3 separate video files. you would need to stich them post edit with a computer software. the drone wont do it if you start and stop for three 5 min videos

Reactions: Thomas B
if you start and stop the video you have 3 separate video files. you would need to stich them post edit with a computer software. the drone wont do it if you start and stop for three 5 min videos
Ok. Any suggestions as to what software would work well for this?

In the Apple ecosystem, iMovie will easily do the job and is free. I edit and render 4K video on my iPad with iMovie all the time. I believe that there are free or cheap options in the PC ecosystem.

What exactly are you planning on filming? I would suggest you read up on FAA rules first.

What FAA rules are you suggesting apply to my question?
being where are you flying, is it allowed to fly and film. then also what the video is being used for. all falls under FAA stuff
pretty much if your intent is to fly to capture video then you need a commercial drone license part 107.. but if flying hobby and just up flying then happen to record something its ok.

it gets tricky on some things

being where are you flying, is it allowed to fly and film. then also what the video is being used for. all falls under FAA stuff
pretty much if your intent is to fly to capture video then you need a commercial drone license part 107.. but if flying hobby and just up flying then happen to record something its ok.

it gets tricky on some things
No tricks here. This will be a legit FAR Part 107 operation. I am a former commercial helicopter pilot (for about 15 years) here in Las Vegas. I would be filming operations at my current employers location. At this time I am still in the exploratory phase trying to understand more about the video editing process.

No tricks here. This will be a legit FAR Part 107 operation. I am a former commercial helicopter pilot (for about 15 years) here in Las Vegas. I would be filming operations at my current employers location. At this time I am still in the exploratory phase trying to understand more about the video editing process.
gotcha. might wanna fix your age lol only 21 but flying for 15 years. the maths dont add up.

i cant help on editing cause i dont mess with that with my hobby flying. anything i take is personal and all looks good to me as recorded

gotcha. might wanna fix your age lol only 21 but flying for 15 years. the maths dont add up.

i cant help on editing cause i dont mess with that with my hobby flying. anything i take is personal and all looks good to me as recorded
Yea....I didn't submit my real age. Trying to stay as private as possible.

That's what I was wondering. :). Sounds like you know what you're doing. Flying a helicopter is a hella lot more difficult. LOL.

That's what I was wondering. :). Sounds like you know what you're doing. Flying a helicopter is a hella lot more difficult. LOL.
I has been a GREAT ride and would do it all over again. Got to see and do some amazing things..

Any other opinions on software I should use to stitch videos together. User Comino Ken offered some options...

Reactions: GFoto16
I haven't used it, but the editor built into the Go app may be able to stitch the short videos together. Be sure to have the editor fetch the full resolution videos and not the cache video though.

Reactions: DHAirbus
I am new to the drone game and anticipate operating the Mavic 2 pro fairly soon. Here is my question: I will need approximately 15 minutes of video. However, I wont be able to simply fly and film for 15 minutes as there are 3 separate events. Is it possible to make 3 flights, and 5 minutes of video each, then stitch the 3 videos together so it appears as a single 15 minute video? All with existing software that comes with the Mavic 2 pro?

Yes Yes & Yes
The DJI Go4 App Editor
Just select 1st vid then + to select 2nd etc. The marker between gives the transition options save "complete"

Attachments

• IMG_7400.jpg
    IMG_7400.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • App Editor.jpg
    App Editor.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

I think what you are saying is that you need 15 minutes of footage, but not necessarily contiguous (e.g.: non-stop filming). That is what we all call editing! You can film any amount of footage you want, and edit in or out the parts you want to keep in your editing program , just as long as it all adds up to a 15 minute film. Right?

Stitching is just a term of dragging your clip in to the time line and having it meet the preceding clip.

What type of computer OS are you running? I use a PC running Windows 10 and use a few different video products. I use Adobe Premiere, Pinnacle Studio 24, and Camtasia 2020. In most cases, I use Pinnacle Studio but there have been times I use more than one to obtain the final product. Davinci Resolve is a free video product that can be downloaded for both PC and MAC

But all he wants to do is quickly join 3 videos 5 minutes each. Elaborate editors is overkill for him.

Yes Yes & Yes
The DJI Go4 App Editor
Just select 1st vid then + to select 2nd etc. The marker between gives the transition options save "complete"
Just be sure you're using the high resolution videos from the AC and not the cache videos recorded by the app.

Just be sure you're using the high resolution videos from the AC and not the cache videos recorded by the app.
But all he wants to do is quickly join 3 videos 5 minutes each. Elaborate editors is overkill for him.
Perhaps. My post is simply to provide additional information. I'm sure if that is what the OP wants with the information provided he can and will decide what he wants to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13