DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to, or is it possible to...

So a 64G card comes with the drone?
Nope bud those are on you. For what your doing and proposing just get a couple of 4 32 gig cards..run your endeavor that way. As mentioned good rule of thumb is Swap Battery- Swap SD. ;)

Here is what I have done and would do:
1.Get learn and use the Litchi App's Waypoints to pre plan your 3 missions so your videos are smoother. Litchi lets you program at your desk then upload and fly the mission (flight) when you are ready without the drone being on.
2. If you are near any airports get permission from the tower (call them) then use the DJI website Self Unlocking - Fly Safe - DJI to unlock your drone for that restricted zone. You will need you controller's serial #
3. Get and use Powerdirector editing software to do your editing. It's relatively inexpensive, powerful, and an easy program to learn and you can easily link all you videos, create slow motion in certain sections, add titles, etc. If you are going to do a lot of video editing with your drone (which you will) you need a good editor.
4. Go slow with all movements during your videos especially turns. If you fly FPV mode limit your turns to about 5mph or you will get a lot of "judder" which makes videos annoying to watch.
4. In Waypoint mode set the max speed to 5mph, use curves for the corners (a setting in the setup) so with the sticks not being used it will go around a corner at 5mph. When going straight you can override the max speed using your stick but when you let up it reverts to 5mph around the corners.
5. The goal is Smooth Videos especially around corners
Point 2: do NOT call the airport/tower. If in controlled airspace, use LAANC (almost instant approval) or DroneZone (may take some time, even days for approval but handles special situations).

Calling airports/towers within 5 miles was done away with after the new laws and subsequent rules.

You don't need the AC serial number if you are unlocking in field from the app.

No, but AC does have 8GB internal storage. Not much, especially for multiple flights, but can help when in flight you realize you forgot the SD.
I keep the little rubber cover unplugged when no Micro SD card is in it. That way during the pre-flight check I can see something is not in place and that will remind me if I ever forgot to fit the card, prior to flight.

If you're using a Windows computer you will find Movie Maker is included in. It's a good basic program that is easy to learn, especially after watching some Youtube instructional videos.

If you're using a Windows computer you will find Movie Maker is included in. It's a good basic program that is easy to learn, especially after watching some Youtube instructional videos.
Windows Movie Maker was included in Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
NOT in Windows 7, 8 & 10.
You can get it here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d