DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to properly undistort Mavic 2 footage in Adobe Premiere and DaVinci Resolve!

karlo_m

Reactions
Hi guys! I'm new here! I'm a professional award winning cinematographer and I've just made two tutorials on how to properly undistort Mavic 2 footage! Undistorting footage is a necessary part of any post-production workflow, therefore, it should be done when editing your footage! Here's how to do it correctly in these two softwares!

How to undistort in Adobe Premiere
How to undistort in DaVinci Resolve

Enjoy and I hope you find it useful! If you have any questions whatsoever, I'm here to answer them! :)

Doesnt need a video. You type a number into a box. The numbers are in the manual.
..and for those finding that hard, DJI has a PDF stating exactly how to do it and use the LUT in a separate PDF.

Doesnt need a video. You type a number into a box. The numbers are in the manual.
..and for those finding that hard, DJI has a PDF stating exactly how to do it and use the LUT in a separate PDF.
Actually the video helped me understand what is going on there, but that is likely just because I am not as smart as you [emoji846]

Why the hate man! It's a simple explanation in under two minutes, as are most of my videos on my channel. Quick and straight to the point. You could argue that every walkthrough of every Mavic feature is in the manual yet still a lot of people make tutorials on those topics!

Some users bought the Mavic and they're not experienced in Premiere or Resolve, these videos are for them, not for people who already know how to work in these software! Cheers mate! :)

Nice one Karlo! What about Mavic Pro (the original). Same Lens Distortion parameters in Premiere?

Hey man thanks for watching! Unfortunately as I'm googling, I can't find any information on the original Mavic. I can safely say that it's definately not the same as the Mavic 2 since it uses a different sensor and lenses.

If you're in Premiere, search among lens presets. Those presets are officialy done in cooperation with DJI so they should work perfectly. In my Premiere video, when I say "we can hide the presets" that's exactly where you should search! So: Effects Panel > Presets > Lens Distortion Removal > DJI

I'm on Premiere CC 2017 and there's no preset for Mavic Pro, only for Inspire 1 and Phantom 2 and 3. Maybe there's a preset in the CC2018 or CC2019 version. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman