DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to replace the DJI Smart Controller's screen? HELP!!!

JSmith731

Reactions
So I recently dropped my DJI Smart Controller on a patch of concrete and it shattered my screen and broke the picture button. So I'm currently looking for parts to replace the damaged items. So I go on YouTube looking for tutorial videos and find none. Next, I search the internet, still nothing. Does anyone either know how to replace the screen, know someone who does, or know where I can get info on how to do so? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I've heard good things about https://djidroneservice.com at least for drone repair, not sure if they do the Smart Controller . . . you could ask.

For DIY, I tried to find replacement parts for the Smart Controller - no joy. When I dropped my M2P, I replaced front and back arms on one side - no small chore, but the OEM parts were available on eBay and not too expensive - the front arm was something like $37. I imagine the Smart Controller is also complicated to work on, but with no parts, a moot point.

Ouch...DId you have a glass screen protector over the original glass? That's the first thing I did on my SC. The 2nd thing I did was insure both my SC and M2P with a State Farm personal articles policy, then I added a bracket to the SC for a lanyard. I'd be distraught if I dropped and broke my SC. That being said, I'm pretty sure I have not seen anyone advertise repairing of the SC. I'm guessing DJI is your only salvation at this point and time. Good luck! Let us know if you find another source for repairing it.

Okay, thanks to everyone for your input. I've called MANY companies that repair DJI drones and Terrestrial Imaging says that they DO repair DJI Smart Controllers but that at the time, they don't have any of the parts for it. The guy I spoke with said that they would try to order parts from DJI but that it was very hard to get them for the Smart Controller. He said he would email me if they ever get any parts. That was like 2 days ago and still no response from him. Anyway, DJI says that if I send it to them, they can repair it, so I guess that I'll have to. So I filled out a repair request form and so far, I haven't received the shipment instructions that they said they would email to me? I don't know if I'm supposed to take that as bad news. By the way, has anyone sent something to DJI to repair and taken it back without repairing it? They said that if I decided not to repair it, they "might" charge me a $65 per hour assessment fee. Has anyone been charged?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman