DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to retrieve v3.dat log file from the smart remote?

paulatkin73

Reactions
hi,

i have done it fine from iphone, and from my android phone as well.
so, i just tried to do the same procedure from the smart remote and i cannot get it to show a device on my windows 10 pc when i choose 'usb transfer file' option. usb debugging is turned on.
only way how it shows a device is if i choose 'transfer photos' option but then it is not showing android folders.

is there any trick on how it can be done or is it not working at all currently? pity if so.

for those who not sure what i am talking about - it is about this:
How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

also, an interesting thing - i assumed it would be possible to mount an sd card in the SC as an internal storage and move all data to it - so it would get those files - but - no such luck. in most recent firmware this option is completely blocked - says, wait for future releases.

so, it is odd. no way to download files at all, it seems. i wonder - for those with macs - do you also get no device when connected to the SC in the 'file transfer' mode? i wonder if it happens is on Windows 10 only or not.

hi,

i have done it fine from iphone, and from my android phone as well.
so, i just tried to do the same procedure from the smart remote and i cannot get it to show a device on my windows 10 pc when i choose 'usb transfer file' option. usb debugging is turned on.
only way how it shows a device is if i choose 'transfer photos' option but then it is not showing android folders.

is there any trick on how it can be done or is it not working at all currently? pity if so.

for those who not sure what i am talking about - it is about this:
How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

I had the same problem on my desktop computer and one of my laptops. The other worked fine. What I did was open System/devices on windows and tracked down USB devices that were wonky - yellow exclamation point. I then had to search for drivers. If I recall, I did the manual searching on computer. What I don't remember is if I pointed to the dji folder or a Windows folder.

I had the same problem on my desktop computer and one of my laptops. The other worked fine. What I did was open System/devices on windows and tracked down USB devices that were wonky - yellow exclamation point. I then had to search for drivers. If I recall, I did the manual searching on computer. What I don't remember is if I pointed to the dji folder or a Windows folder.
can you check what driver is associated with that SC device? i cannot solve this yet...
and, just to confirm, when it connects - you do see this folder: >DJI>dji.go.v4>FlightRecord>MCDatFlightRecords ?

can you check what driver is associated with that SC device? i cannot solve this yet...
and, just to confirm, when it connects - you do see this folder: >DJI>dji.go.v4>FlightRecord>MCDatFlightRecords ?

Here's some shots of what I see on my Win7 desktop. Again, I only had the photo/music stuff showing until I drilled down to find the wonky usb stuff - there was also a com port wonk, too.

Flight Record.jpgSmart Controller folders.jpgSmart Controller2.jpg

Rather than edit the above (where I had nine repeating images), I had the picture limitation on both this win7 desktop and a win10 Surface book. Another laptop always showed the SC's internal folders and everything was visible. I had to manually find the bad usb (only shows when attached) and use the manual method of finding the drivers. Sorry, but looking now I can't separate out which ones were wonky a few weeks ago. But I did find it frustrating that I could only view pictures and music (and I could even view them or play them on the SC) once I copied files to it.

Rather than edit the above (where I had nine repeating images), I had the picture limitation on both this win7 desktop and a win10 Surface book. Another laptop always showed the SC's internal folders and everything was visible. I had to manually find the bad usb (only shows when attached) and use the manual method of finding the drivers. Sorry, but looking now I can't separate out which ones were wonky a few weeks ago. But I did find it frustrating that I could only view pictures and music (and I could even view them or play them on the SC) once I copied files to it.
can you pls try to open device manager when controller is connected and show properties of that 'rm500' player, may be. i need to see what driver file is on it.
not sure what is the deal, all i get is that device 'MTP' that refuses any driver. your windows in screenshots - is it a windows 10 or 7?

i do not get any USB devices added at all, all that appears is this 'MTP' one. nothing else.
1551999421938.png

can you pls try to open device manager when controller is connected and show properties of that 'rm500' player, may be. i need to see what driver file is on it.
not sure what is the deal, all i get is that device 'MTP' that refuses any driver. your windows in screenshots - is it a windows 10 or 7?

i do not get any USB devices added at all, all that appears is this 'MTP' one. nothing else.
View attachment 65301
My SC shows up under Portable Devices as "Rm500" and I don't have what you see. This is on Win7. I looked at all the usb connections as well as that "rm500" and they all show MS drivers either from as far back as 2006 to a 2014 driver. I think someone on the DJI forum suggested drilling down to the usb devices and find the ones showing errors/problems. And mine did. Those are the ones (there was more than one) that had the Yellow Exclamations. But I don't see your showing those issues.

On the CONTROLLER. If you swipe down, do you see any Notices at the upper right - that's where mine will say "charging to switch... tap" and I can chose charging, Files, or the media limited. I chose FILES. It does not always show up immediately in My Computer.

See Reply #6 - where driver update is explained.
so, i have finally tacked this bug. rm500 device finally appeared and worked as soon as i DISABLED usb debugging mode. this was one nasty thing. if 'developer options' are set to 'on' - switch to transfer files causes device not to appear on windows 10. that was the issue.

Reactions: ff22 and justy303
so, i have finally tacked this bug. rm500 device finally appeared and worked as soon as i DISABLED usb debugging mode. this was one nasty thing. if 'developer options' are set to 'on' - switch to transfer files causes device not to appear on windows 10. that was the issue.
One million thanks!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly