DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Thank you that was what i needed.. Last ? I get the 30m 50m error downgraded to 700.. signed out and back in just for the heck of it it doesn't restrict my flight but I'm a little worried about it will it one day not let me fly back home do something crazy or can i ignore it..

Hi Kidroc,
From which version did you downgrade to .700 ?

Thank you that was what i needed.. Last ? I get the 30m 50m error downgraded to 700.. signed out and back in just for the heck of it it doesn't restrict my flight but I'm a little worried about it will it one day not let me fly back home do something crazy or can i ignore it..
I'm on 700 mavic and rc,DJI Go 4 running 4.0.8,only pop up I get is update for nfz and I just hit ignor

Reactions: newguy
Good night Guys,
First thanks to everybody for the great information and help.

I had rollback already on the MP. It was very easy.
Now, is the process the same for the RC? If so, i already did it the same way and the DUMldore completed the firmware ,but i go to the asst2 i still have the 04.0000 fw.

I am in the latest fw 04.0000.
And i use Android.

I will greatly apreciatte your input.

Thanks again for the help.

sorry for more questions, are you using beta assistant or the latest? was it the 700 with root? if the mavic is connecting to the computer, thats a good sign. does the RC connect okay to the mavic (if unplugged from PC)? Does the assistant ever read the firmware version from the aircraft? Trying to assess where along the process your ac is.

Dig,

I rollback ok with the mavic. My assistant is listing the fw ok. I did not used the root file. Was i supposed to? my RC connect with my MP and assit. but i can not get the RC to to show fw 700 on assit. and i did the flash and completed it. When i connect the RC/phone to mavic everything seems normal but the fw still have not change.

Please need some help in clarifying if it is better just to re-do everything or i can just download the root file and just do the RC??

Thanks for your help.

Dig,

I rollback ok with the mavic. My assistant is listing the fw ok. I did not used the root file. Was i supposed to? my RC connect with my MP and assit. but i can not get the RC to to show fw 700 on assit. and i did the flash and completed it. When i cnnect the RC/phone to mavic everythoing seems normal but the fw still have not change.

Please need some help in clarifying if it is better just to re-do everything or i can just download the root file and just do the RC??

Thanks for your help.

I don't recommend using root unless you need access at that level, its not gonna help here. What version does the RC currently show? Screenshot maybe? I honestly leave the RC as is unless i have to flash it, sometimes it takes 2-3 times to stick.

Reactions: JBrand
Do it same way as the aircraft. Download the 700 FW for the rc do a backup then load the FW bin and flash it..Ive done this as a test a few times it works as advertised.. and both my AC and RC show 700 in Assistant..

Guys thanks for the reply.

Yes im using tha RC .700 firmware. I did it 2 times yesterday but still not showing. The Tool downloaded complete but during the 30 second that took to download i tried to look at assist2 To check progrees and i did not see any progress just the firware list.

I am in the latest fw 4.0000.

How long will it take to the the rollback in the RC? Mine took probably less than 1 minute to download and the second try i let it sit for probably till th RC shutdown alert. And little biy more.

I apreciatte your input.

Thank you very much.

about the same restart Asst and connect your RC again I have had Asst not refresh before so try that or boot up the AC and check the FW ver in it..

Reactions: JBrand
rickw,

Yes it was over 90% charge.
I guess i will try tonight when i get back.

How long did it take your RC?
Will the RC flash the screem or make any kind of sound to be able to verify that something in fact is happanning?

Anyway thanks to you guys for the response. I will try suggestion and update later tonight.

By the way best community,forum or whatever this is it. You guys Rock!!

It took me 8-10 tries myself to flash rc,my anti-virus and malware removal software I think was my biggest problem

I don't recommend using root unless you need access at that level, its not gonna help here. What version does the RC currently show? Screenshot maybe? I honestly leave the RC as is unless i have to flash it, sometimes it takes 2-3 times to stick.

Thanks. I finally got it. To be honest i do not know what i waa doing wrong.

I am in the latest app version. Do you recommend to downgrade the app as well? And to which version? Android.

Thanks again!!

T

Most people using firmware .700 use DJI Go 4 app version 4.0.6, 4.0.7 or 4.0.8 I think it all depends on what you want to do as the later the version of app, the less control over parameters and settings you have. But you must fly with your phone in "air plane" mode every time to prevent a forced firmware update.

Most people using firmware .700 use DJI Go 4 app version 4.0.6, 4.0.7 or 4.0.8 I think it all depends on what you want to do as the later the version of app, the less control over parameters and settings you have. But you must fly with your phone in "air plane" mode every time to prevent a forced firmware update.
Thanks angusc!!

Awesome! Thank you. Will take a look at it tomorrow.

I had also been looking for a MacOS tool to install a specific FW on my Mavic/RC. I recently found Dronezbreak (I think it was only published like a month or so ago) and can verify that it works great! It’s also the most user friendly way I’ve found to switch around the FW on the Mavic with a Mac. It works for the Mavic, RC, and goggles. Here’s a link to the program:

GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

Also, digdat0 made a very helpful tutorial (as are all his tutorials!) for anyone interested in how it works:

@jimmy johnson

Plug in the RC to pc
Start assistant to check connection
Close assistant
Start Dumbledore
Back up RC firmware
Load firmware and select the RC bin file (wait a few minutes)
Select flash firmware
Watch RC screen for progress

I'm trying to flash using DUMLdore back to 0700 but I keep getting the error message: Timed out attempting to contact the FTP server on the device.. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.Seems to me like there is some type of Block, currently I have the 0800 as it was stock when I bought the Mavic...Any help would be much appreciated.. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    147.5 KB · Views: 49
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman