DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I hadn't tried, too chicken. But I thought I would at least download the DUMLRacer.jar and run the java command in the Mac terminal just to see what happened. Not too much happened initially because I didn't have a java development kit installed. So I grabbed the latest JDK from the Oracle site, installed it, and tried again.

26390720738_6b7f3960ba_z.jpg

It looks like this might work! Once I hook up the drone to my laptop, I suspect it will show up as an entry on that list of ports and I'll be good to go. Unfortunately, the Mavic is out for repairs right now, but as soon as I get it back, I'll see if I can make this work. Thanks for the encouragement.
np have fun!!

I have noticed that this modded firmware has a problem with precision landing. This problem was reported by several pilots. Mavic are not able to land precise within the helipad od 1m diameter. Tried for three times by me with no succes.
Thanks for the heads up. Have not flown much with the mod but will check the precision landing. Never did figure out the precision landing. Probably half the time it lands dead on but the other half it is off by anywhere between 2 to 10 feet. It is worse if I check the precision landing selection box on takeoff. Just happy that RTH gets me within the 10 feet...

Thanks for the heads up. Have not flown much with the mod but will check the precision landing. Never did figure out the precision landing. Probably half the time it lands dead on but the other half it is off by anywhere between 2 to 10 feet. It is worse if I check the precision landing selection box on takeoff. Just happy that RTH gets me within the 10 feet...
A couple of things I've noticed
1 - GPS can be off by several feet.
2 - YOU can be part of the precision landing image. It finally occurred to me one day that when it landed off it was always closer to my position. Many times I drop my backpack, setup, launch then move back a bit from the landing pad so I don't step on it. So if you move it may affect where it thinks home is regarding the image features it has stored.

Reactions: SkyNinja
A couple of things I've noticed
1 - GPS can be off by several feet.
2 - YOU can be part of the precision landing image. It finally occurred to me one day that when it landed off it was always closer to my position. Many times I drop my backpack, setup, launch then move back a bit from the landing pad so I don't step on it. So if you move it may affect where it thinks home is regarding the image features it has stored.
I've been using that round fold up landing thing with the big "H" on it. Wife got it for me for Christmas. Looking at the ground many feet up the "H" sticks out like a sore thumb so I would expect that to be a good target...

I've been using that round fold up landing thing with the big "H" on it. Wife got it for me for Christmas. Looking at the ground many feet up the "H" sticks out like a sore thumb so I would expect that to be a good target...
I use teh same thing - nevertheless I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing in its field of view since it ascends to over 10 feet to grab a picture.
Another thing is that I'm quite sure those bottom cameras are lo-res B&W. This matters because B&W isn't about color - it's about tonalities. Tonality wise that orange or blue might be the same as whatever it's sitting on. Tiffen makes a filter that photographers can look through to show them the true tonalities of a scene - how it will be represented in B&W. You can approximate this filter by looking through an amber beer bottle ;)
Tiffen #1 B&W Viewing Filter

Reactions: SkyNinja
I have a hypothesis that the AC flight logs can only be read using the same firmware they were originally written in.

Does anyone know if someone on the forum is capable of setting up a test environment for this? Ie, take a drone which is no longer suitable for flight but which still works in other ways, put 1.3.1 firmware on it, do some mock or real flights, then continue flashing with each version incrementally until they reach the latest 1.4.3 version (or whatever it is), meanwhile recording a new flight log at at each firmware version, then seeing what flight logs are accessible for each version of firmware?

Whether each firmware is backwards-compatible or forwards-comparible with flight logs created under different firmware versions is clearly an question the community needs answered (even if it's not immediately obvious yet!)

Yannie

Reactions: #28
I use teh same thing - nevertheless I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing in its field of view since it ascends to over 10 feet to grab a picture.
Another thing is that I'm quite sure those bottom cameras are lo-res B&W. This matters because B&W isn't about color - it's about tonalities. Tonality wise that orange or blue might be the same as whatever it's sitting on. Tiffen makes a filter that photographers can look through to show them the true tonalities of a scene - how it will be represented in B&W. You can approximate this filter by looking through an amber beer bottle ;)
Tiffen #1 B&W Viewing Filter

FWIW - I experimented with dozens of landing pad designs last year and found 2 things that always work.

1) Super high contrast.
2) Use a simple X or cross (H did not perform as well).

Here is what I settled on and the only one that works perfectly for precision night landings when the pad is illuminated with a flood light (the items above/below the cross were test add-on's later that didn't help).

PS - early or late in the day when there are long shadows, this will completely screw up precision landing if you get shadows over/near your landing pad.

dronemods-2018-012.png
dronemods-2018-014.png

dronemods-2018-013.png

Reactions: SkyNinja and kakao
Before I read all 52 pages, does this thread tell you how to load different FW modules?
I have flashed back to 1.3.07, but want some functions of 1.4.1 (rocket, dronie, spiral).
I've never mixed modules and don't know where to start. I'll read all 50 pages if the info is in there.

Also, I've never updated FW on the controller. I know a bit about the FW for the Mavic, but what benefits are there to the controller?

Last edited:
Can someone actually compile a firmware with all that stuff and just post it for the lazy ones to just load 1 file ?

What’s this about installing SD card for platinum ?
Where dose that go ?

What’s this about installing SD card for platinum ?
Where dose that go ?

Here you go... its inside Mavic underneath where the battery is placed. Take top cover off to access it.

Attachments

• sd.JPG
    sd.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
So platinum just has an empty slot ?

I feel like the Mavic II is not going to have this slot just for this reason [emoji19]

Mavic 2 will likely be a completely different architecture altogether, like the Mavic Air.
The MP and P4P were still a heap of little separate modules cobbled and linked together, but on the latest generation they've moved to full integration.

I repaired my Mavic Pro with a ESC platinum board, after the repair with the latest firmware DJI assistant recognizes the AC as a Mavic Platinum all is good if you want to stay with the latest FW.
I was able to downgrade to 1.03.0700- (without adding the SD card to the ESC) notice the "-", since it had the "-" I follow the video from DigDat0 where he shows that when the FW shows the "-" you can re-update the FW and will get rid of the "-" granted that was with a Mavic Pro with a different version FW, it never took and I tried multiple times.
Upgraded to 1.03.1000 everything worked as intended then, I added the SD card to the ESC and downgraded to 1.03.0700 but I got the "-" :(
Everyone in here that has had success downgrading to 1.03.0700 do you have the "-" in the version? I tested the AC and flies well I do get the motor error here and there but other than that it works correctly.
My next stop is to mix FW, any advise on what mix of modules works well? Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190