DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Take Mavic Air From Dubai Airport?

PremPanchal

Reactions
Hi!

I got replacement from from DJI. A new Mavic Air. On my request, DJI sent it from Hong Kong to Dubai, from where a friend will get it to India.

I have heard that the authorities at Dubai airports are strict about drones. Have heard two instance where a friend was carrying a drone unpacked in her check in luggage and they didn't let the luggage go. Another instance is where a friend was carrying DJI Tello in his check in bag and they confiscated it. Can somebody please tell me how do I carry it? In the check in baggage or the on board hand luggage? The package also contains 1 battery, 4 propeller and 4 propeller guards. The package is sealed and not yet opened.

I also called the Dubai airport and the person on the other line told me that its fine and I can carry in whatever bag I wish as long as the drone is sealed.

Anybody with any prior experience through Dubai customs and security check please help me out.

Thanks in advance! :)

I flew thru DXB last week with my Magic Air on Emirates. Rules are simple on EK: batteries in cabin luggage (carry on) and drone (without any batteries) in the checked baggage. EK website gives all the detailed instructions, just search for « drone ».

Just flew from DXB yesterday with batteries is carry on and drone without batteries in checked baggage. No issues

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143