DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to unlock geozone/in NFZ - Dji go 4

naiku

Reactions
Yesterday I had wanted to fly my Mavic 2 at a relatives house, before i left home i checked the location using B4ufly, if it said I could not fly at that location I would have left the drone at home. So, b4ufly tells me good to go, no advisories but stay alert. Checking kittyhawk also shows nothing other than a medical heliport 1.5 miles away.

So, I get there, power up a Mavic Mini and it tells me it's a no fly zone. I forget exactly what I had to select in DJI Fly, height, distance and maybe duration....it asked for my phone number to unlock it and sent me a code to enter. Entered the code and took off. But, the wind was gusting a little so decided to use the M2 Pro instead. That's where things got difficult!

The controller was displaying In NFZ. I managed to find in the menu an unlocking license list. That showed a duration, an airport that was about 8 miles from me, aircraft sn and some other info. But, still no way to unlock. I then ended up in dji custom unlock website, but even after submitting my details, it would not give me a code to enter and neither emailed or texted me a code. So, put the drone away.

In future, how do i get the unlock code? On the Mini it was a piece of cake and took all of 30 seconds. How do I do the same with the M2?

Thanks.

Yesterday I had wanted to fly my Mavic 2 at a relatives house, before i left home i checked the location using B4ufly, if it said I could not fly at that location I would have left the drone at home. So, b4ufly tells me good to go, no advisories but stay alert. Checking kittyhawk also shows nothing other than a medical heliport 1.5 miles away.

So, I get there, power up a Mavic Mini and it tells me it's a no fly zone. I forget exactly what I had to select in DJI Fly, height, distance and maybe duration....it asked for my phone number to unlock it and sent me a code to enter. Entered the code and took off. But, the wind was gusting a little so decided to use the M2 Pro instead. That's where things got difficult!

The controller was displaying In NFZ. I managed to find in the menu an unlocking license list. That showed a duration, an airport that was about 8 miles from me, aircraft sn and some other info. But, still no way to unlock. I then ended up in dji custom unlock website, but even after submitting my details, it would not give me a code to enter and neither emailed or texted me a code. So, put the drone away.

In future, how do i get the unlock code? On the Mini it was a piece of cake and took all of 30 seconds. How do I do the same with the M2?

Thanks.
I just had a similar problem in New Zealand with my Air 2. New location, inside a blue airport zone, got local air traffic approval for a low level building inspection flight and then discovered that I still had to access a DJI website in China to get an unlocking licence, but that their website cannot be used off a mobile device - i.e. with the expensive new iphone 11 Pro that I use with DJI Fly! Unbelievable. I lost a whole day emailing someone in China about 4 times before they finally put an unlock on to my Fly log in. Now my big concern is this (apart from the frustration and lost time): why is a Company in China monitoring my flights in NZ, at all? They sell drones. End of story. Displaying air maps is helpful to a drone pilot but in NZ we have an established system for drone pilots to voluntarily log details of their proposed flights, pilot name and equipment. Why is China logging my flight details and what else are they monitoring and gathering off the drone, once they know where it is operating? The activities of the drone are none of their business and I now have serious concerns about what DJI are doing around the world with their proliferation of “eyes in the sky”. If they can control a drone launch, what else are they looking at? There has been a lot of (quite appropriate) enquiry about Huawei’s proposed involvement in 5G networks in the UK, USA, Australia and NZ, for similar reasons. What easier way to spy on restricted air space in a foreign country than to tap in to one of their drones during or after a flight (at the next online DJI Fly log in). But in answer to your question, I found an email address on their unlocking page. I suggest you start there. But also consider the above ...... ? I now have some reasonable concerns about what they are actually doing with some of these advanced drones.

I still had to access a DJI website in China to get an unlocking licence, but that their website cannot be used off a mobile device - i.e. with the expensive new iphone 11 Pro that I use with DJI Fly!

Oh yeah, that piece was also not making life any easier. I was using a Galaxy Note 10+ and getting a message that the website couldn't be accessed via mobile.

While not a huge deal, I just set the browser to desktop mode, it was one more step in a vague process (at least without knowing what to do, maybe if i knew where to get the unlock it wouldn't have been so frustrating).

Doubly annoying as it was so quick and simple with the Mavic Mini.

Thanks.

You should have gotten the same self-unlocking prompt when you attempted to start the motors on the M2. (assuming your phone/tablet has internet access).

I unlock all the time, there are many threads on the process.
In simple, if you find yourself on the DJI FlySafe unlocking website-
1. login
2. set to desktop mode (if you are on a mobile)
3. select country/state/drone type.
4. now on the map find the airport you need to unlock, click on it.
5. scroll down and enter in the starting date (this is for the standard 3 day unlock).
6. enter the correct RC serial number, agree to the terms, hit submit.
7. now select MOBILE and enter your phone number, agree to terms, wait for the code to be texted, when received type in the code and press submit. You are done.

now start drone/rc up. go to unlocking licenses on the screen. select refresh. MUST HAVE DATA at this point.
Click on the new license, select IMPORT TO AIRCRAFT. now on the tab, select aircraft instead of remote. it will list your licenses. choose the correct one, move the slider to the right, accept the 2 basically hidden checkboxes and press OK.

Drone will now be unlocked and ready to fly.

At the time of flying, if you need to unlock on the spot, process is similar but only valid for that 24 hours if I remember correctly. I have only done that one time. I always unlock in advance if I need to fly somewhere. It takes me all of 2 minutes to pre-unlock for a weekend or whatever flying I have planned.

fyi- only DJI controls your ability to fly. Doesn't matter what b4ufly or kittyhawk says. You should check the dji unlock map ahead of time to avoid the hassle/problem of not having unlocked in advance.

I unlock all the time, there are many threads on the process.
In simple, if you find yourself on the DJI FlySafe unlocking website-
1. login
2. set to desktop mode (if you are on a mobile)
3. select country/state/drone type.
4. now on the map find the airport you need to unlock, click on it.
5. scroll down and enter in the starting date (this is for the standard 3 day unlock).
6. enter the correct RC serial number, agree to the terms, hit submit.
7. now select MOBILE and enter your phone number, agree to terms, wait for the code to be texted, when received type in the code and press submit. You are done.

now start drone/rc up. go to unlocking licenses on the screen. select refresh. MUST HAVE DATA at this point.
Click on the new license, select IMPORT TO AIRCRAFT. now on the tab, select aircraft instead of remote. it will list your licenses. choose the correct one, move the slider to the right, accept the 2 basically hidden checkboxes and press OK.

Drone will now be unlocked and ready to fly.

At the time of flying, if you need to unlock on the spot, process is similar but only valid for that 24 hours if I remember correctly. I have only done that one time. I always unlock in advance if I need to fly somewhere. It takes me all of 2 minutes to pre-unlock for a weekend or whatever flying I have planned.

fyi- only DJI controls your ability to fly. Doesn't matter what b4ufly or kittyhawk says. You should check the dji unlock map ahead of time to avoid the hassle/problem of not having unlocked in advance.
Great info, very thorough.

Thank you so much as well for the very helpful information for unlocking in the dji
No fly zone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada