DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How You Fly From Your Vehicle

Reactions: lilewis
Is easy and did this awhile back for a thread on losing signal
from inside your vehicle. Is a screen record. This was my M2P but watch the signal bars. Was windy but fly there about everyday it’s not
raining to get my weather/ sunsets I tweet to the local weather stations

Wow! any external antennas from your controller?

This has done kinda got off track. I wanted to see
others set ups. Somebody got to have something. :)

I've actually been thinking about flying from the car. I'm interested in capturing thunderstorms but it's hard to see the horizon from the ground with all the trees, houses etc. so I'd like to take the MP2 to an empty parking lot, go up about 75 ft, stay within LOS, and let a video run for 15 minutes while I am safely in the car. When it gets too wild, try to quickly land near the car, grab the bird and drive off. When I get home, screen cap the frames I want to keep. So that steering wheel holder might just be ideal.
Before embarking on that adventure, please study a phenomenon known as a "Downburst".

Reactions: Drgnfli
I flew my M2 down a mountain pass and when we got 2/3 down it said "battery low" and started going "home" which it thought was the top of the mountain. We turned around and chased it back up again, finally got control again and landed it, the battery still had 38% left but it thought it was all uphill to "home" so needed more battery.
Since then I have learnt to make the "controller" it's "home" when moving a car, that works fine.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Now that I don’t do is fly from a moving vehicle .
my set up is just for me to pull up and park.

Reactions: Thomas B
First off we all know VLOS does not really exist and flying from a car or truck means that is certainly the case. Being said I would say 90% of the time I fly from the car or on nice warm days sitting under the rear hatch in the shade and flying from there. A car is the best sunshade ever built and it has a heater.

And air conditioning as well as keeping these killer MS
mosquitoes from eating you alive. I don’t always fly from
truck but when I do that’s how I like to.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
How on earth can you see it at that distance?
You aren't allowed to use reading glasses either! :p
The fish are watching it and letting me know if a plane is
about to crash in the water.
On another note it was nice yesterday and got out to fly the
mini and used this set up. Is harder as after awhile you have
to hold the controller on top of the steering wheel to aim.
I had flown other batteries down so that’s the other blue
lines was really to windy to fly and would not advise anyone to fly
the mini in this wind but I do things most shouldn't do alot just to show. ;)

I have a tray that clips to the bottom of the steering wheel. Works well.
I ordered one like that at the same time I ordered that other one but didn’t notice the shipping date. ?
D011017A-33D3-4F1C-B8B4-B549A54C5138.jpeg

Hi (from Belgium). I'm just starting flying from inside my car and many people said to mne that it's a stupid think to do but I'm still doing it. For me it's another technic and it's very interesting and enjoyable to learn something "special' or "different". So, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one and that I'm not so fool ;-)

That’s all it is is another technique. I have to fly out here to get pictures a lot of times and could stand outside.
But why when I can sit in comfort . I know the risk but also
know where I’m flying. I just don’t fly blindly and am aware
of what’s around me in the sky. Here where I am that’s easy
but can see where it could be not the thing to do in other places. You have to use common sense.
At that lock pool I have to fly out to the main chanel to get
barges or snowbirds.
7A2457CB-66C2-4F97-9C3F-F6DC16988BE5.jpeg8E317DA9-08E7-498D-886D-CB149FBF4EB8.png

Reactions: HOG2K
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes