DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

https://youtu.be/AtBBk3i7iBM

With the mini sd adapter, so I just transfer directly to the computer.
But all the distortion comes as soon as I take off, on the "live view".
Even if the image was clear as water on the computer, what good would that be if I can't see what I am recording.
I'm new to all the post production thing, so mainly I use an app called InShot on my phone (Galaxy Note S4).

Have you taken video in the automatic mode-the one programmed into the drone? My thought is that you've defeated the auto-focus feature when you shifted to manual mode. You would have to continually touch the screen to manually focus where you where looking at any given time. My best guess.

I do everything on my phone.
I'm just getting into editing on the computer, haven't choose a software yet...

Have you taken video in the automatic mode-the one programmed into the drone? My thought is that you've defeated the auto-focus feature when you shifted to manual mode. You would have to continually touch the screen to manually focus where you where looking at any given time. My best guess.
I use both Automatic and Manual. I'm not getting the "defeat the autofocus"
I tried to focus thousand times but beggining to end is just a huge glitch.

I use both Automatic and Manual. I'm not getting the "defeat the autofocus"
I tried to focus thousand times but beggining to end is just a huge glitch.
It just never focus, images are blury... sloooow. When people walk their image stretches and creates a lot of distortion.

You guys never had this issue?
Am I correct that your talking about the video feed on your phone when your flying? If so, I have had a similar problem several times where my app glitches (the screen goes multicolored pixels), and the video is laggy, slow, and in general, really annoying. I only get the problem every now and then and I think it's due to using an old phone on a recent version of the GO app. What kind of device are you using to fly with?

Reactions: Akoztha
Do you have another phone at hand to try? A Note 4 is pretty old/slow by today's standards. Totally possible it just can't keep up anymore.

I do everything on my phone.
I'm just getting into editing on the computer, haven't choose a software yet...
Pull the memory card from the Mavic and plug that into your PC...that video should be a lot better.

Reactions: Akoztha
Am I correct that your talking about the video feed on your phone when your flying? If so, I have had a similar problem several times where my app glitches (the screen goes multicolored pixels), and the video is laggy, slow, and in general, really annoying. I only get the problem every now and then and I think it's due to using an old phone on a recent version of the GO app. What kind of device are you using to fly with?
Exactly! Same same thing.
That is what I see %80 of my flying time... I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Pull the memory card from the Mavic and plug that into your PC...that video should be a lot better.
I did that and it did improved. But my main issue is with the live stream. I can't see anything on the live video.

Do you have another phone at hand to try? A Note 4 is pretty old/slow by today's standards. Totally possible it just can't keep up anymore.
No sir. I do have another one but it's same as this one.

I guess I'm not the only one....
You guys recommend going back to my old firmware? Since a guy says it did the trick for him.

Okay, I'm not as smart as these guys so maybe I can help.

1. Did you remove the sticker from the camera?

2. When you are in "manual focus mode" you do all of the focusing using a slider on your phone's screen. Have you tried that?

3. When you are in "auto focus mode", you have to touch the screen or hit the "center focus" button. I have mine set to C1. Have you tried that?

4. You do remove the plastic dome from the Mavic before you fly, right?

5. You do remove the gimbal lock before you fly, right?

6. You have made sure that there isn't a finger print or smudge on the camera lens, right?

7. Make sure that you close all other apps on your phone when you are flying. Especially since it's an older model.

8. Make sure that you have a good connection and the micro USB port on your phone isn't damaged or dirty.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet