DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Humpback Whales

Fergy

Reactions
The Whale migration season is coming to an end and I had missed opportunities to capture these beautiful animals, but luck was with me a few days ago and I was lucky enough to video this mother and calf and the odd dolphin.

Great video,
Humpbacks are awesome. We saw a group of them once diving down together. Blowing bubbles to bring the food to the top and and surfacing verically with there mouths wide open.

Reactions: Fergy
Beautiful video. Where taken and did you launch from land or a boat?

It was taken off one of my local beaches here in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. I launched from land and out about 2 klms to the Whales.

Reactions: wallstreet
The Whale migration season is coming to an end and I had missed opportunities to capture these beautiful animals, but luck was with me a few days ago and I was lucky enough to video this mother and calf and the odd dolphin.
Amazing!!! I thought that the whale is dying 1.15 to 1.50! He was laying on his back and that looked scary for me! :rolleyes:
Very interesting shots and uniqueThumbswayupThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Reactions: Bernard and Fergy
How very cool - awesome video - mother and child out for a swim - would love to have been there - thanks for sharing your video.

What an incredible video. Rare beauty.
And also what a courage to fly 2 km out to sea.
I'd be sweating buckets if I could return and keep my Mavic safe.

It doesn't look like they're migrating...it looks like they're being hams for the camera ?

• Haha
Reactions: monteolsen1

Beautiful and dolphins, too!

Beautiful, what a great opportunity for you. I wish you would have went up or turned toward shore to get a perspective of the surroundings.
(We are never satisfied are we, seems like we always want more.)

Beautiful, what a great opportunity for you. I wish you would have went up or turned toward shore to get a perspective of the surroundings.
(We are never satisfied are we, seems like we always want more.)
Yes I should have, I normally do show myself heading back to my start off point but on this occasion I was so engrossed with the whales.

Yes I added the sound, I searched and found on Google.
Well you synced it very well. Right place right time. ??

Awesome!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d