DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Hurricane Fred Coming to Miami?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is the time of our year when we watch the parade of storms coming across The Atlantic Ocean from Africa and hope they will not strike our area. Here is a view from my driveway Thursday late afternoon August 12th. These are 4 image RAW files overlapped about 25% and combined to a pano in Photoshop CC 2021 (open in bridge as RAW files from the DNG files)>right click on any picture>CTRL+A -save all)> then right click on any image and click on Merge to Panorama, and then reduce the extra non image with boundary tool and then open in RAW where global adjustments and edits can be done).

I will be publishing a 6 minute Montana Flyfishing video soon! Lots of timelapse and drone sequences.
Double click to full screen.

Dale
MiamiHurricane Fred-cone.jpgTropical Storm Coming to Miami.jpgTropical Storn Fred approaching Miami.jpg

Very nice shots...thank you for the "how too" you added to the thread also !

I think calling it Hurricane Fred is a bit of a stretch Dale, more like Blustery Fred

Gonna be a rainy weekend here on the West coast of Florida but not so windy

This is the time of our year when we watch the parade of storms coming across The Atlantic Ocean from Africa and hope they will not strike our area. Here is a view from my driveway Thursday late afternoon August 12th. These are 4 image RAW files overlapped about 25% and combined to a pano in Photoshop CC 2021 (open in bridge as RAW files from the DNG files)>right click on any picture>CTRL+A -save all)> then right click on any image and click on Merge to Panorama, and then reduce the extra non image with boundary tool and then open in RAW where global adjustments and edits can be done).

I will be publishing a 6 minute Montana Flyfishing video soon! Lots of timelapse and drone sequences.
Double click to full screen.

Dale
MiamiView attachment 133267View attachment 133268View attachment 133269

Very nice images of summer thunderstorm clouds.

Would you consider shooting a standard automated panorama and a post-stitched panorama of the same scene? I'm curious about how they compare. No doubt your stitched image using RAW files is better, but I'd like to better understand what is sacrificed when using the automatic shots. Thanks.

It looks like TS Fred won't be much of an issue. Let's hope for the same on the next one.

Awesome

I think calling it Hurricane Fred is a bit of a stretch Dale, more like Blustery Fred

Gonna be a rainy weekend here on the West coast of Florida but not so windy
And I think it's going to be a rainy weekend here in the East Coast also. ?️

Stay safe my friend and don't hesitate to get out if you can, if the storm becomes a category 4 or 5!

Very nice images of summer thunderstorm clouds.

Would you consider shooting a standard automated panorama and a post-stitched panorama of the same scene? I'm curious about how they compare. No doubt your stitched image using RAW files is better, but I'd like to better understand what is sacrificed when using the automatic shots. Thanks.

It looks like TS Fred won't be much of an issue. Let's hope for the same on the next one.
I would certainly consider the stitched panorama for the jpgs generated by the Mavic 2 Pro , but I prefer to save the DNG (RAW) files to my SD card, and manually put them together in Photoshop or Lightroom. With the RAW files I have plenty of information in the file to bring out the shadows of the foreground which are usually dark due t the high dynamic range of the bright skies. For the Mavic Mini 2 I have been having trouble - not able to get the synthethized jpg globe or spherical image, only the horizontal panos. I also saw the RAW files on the Mini 2.

We are going to try to out run it because we are getting a moving van to get the rest our stuff in Michigan.

I just hope they have power when I get there since over a million without power since the storm cutting thru the area Wednesday.

Then I hope we have power here when we get back next Friday.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
We are going to try to out run it because we are getting a moving van to get the rest our stuff in Michigan.

I just hope they have power when I get there since over a million without power since the storm cutting thru the area Wednesday.

Then I hope we have power here when we get back next Friday.
If you are moving to Florida, be prepared for power outages. I even an app on my phone for Florida Power and Light ("OUTAGE"). Always have flashlights, a few portable power chargers for your phone and laptop, and the usual precautions. Having lived here since 1970 and many storms (including Andrew which took part of my roof) we learn to respect them a lot. Here is the latest cone. We made dodge this one.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 4.01.43 PM.png

Hurricane Fred is going to offer some Stunning pictures , keep them coming dale , your going to be busy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain an Capture the Storm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet