DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse max distance

bkushner

Reactions
Does anybody know what the Hyperlapse maximum distance is? Today I try to do a Hyperlapse from a spot I’ve done 1 million times and I kept telling me that maximum distance for a Hyperlapse has been exceeded. Only thing that’s changed is the app version today.

The distance should not matter, I did a free flying hyper lapse which was 750 shots, 30 seconds and flew to about 2km
Yeah not sure what's going on...This started yesterday shortly after I updated the Fly App. Here is warning I got.
1645513079282.png

Yeah not sure what's going on...This started yesterday shortly after I updated the Fly App. Here is warning I got.
View attachment 144314
Looks like with each update Dji is breaking something else. If you can go back to the previous version app, you should do that or if you have another phone with the 1.5.9 version app try that and see if there are no issues.

Here's my log file. Starts at 2:46. I tried to do 2-3 and it gave me the same issue each time.

That's an aircraft max flight distance reached message, not a hyperlapse limit.

Check your Max Distance setting under the Safety tab. It should be "No Limit."
Mine got mysteriously reset recently to something which is below your 3000 feet.
3D256747-AA72-4C12-A9F7-B8757FE94698.jpeg

Reactions: calmar81
Yes that's the first thing I did.
Have you tried flying further than the 3,000 feet away in regular flight while not doing a hyperlapse? If you can, then the error message may just be poorly worded, and is really a new hyperlapse limit. Otherwise, some other setting is restricting your distance away, and once you fix that, the hyperlapses won't be limited either.

Have you tried flying further than the 3,000 feet away in regular flight while not doing a hyperlapse? If you can, then the error message may just be poorly worded, and is really a new hyperlapse limit. Otherwise, some other setting is restricting your distance away, and once you fix that, the hyperlapses won't be limited either.
Yes. I can fly as far as I want. It’s just when I initiate Hyperlapse it won’t start. Gives me error. I did get to do one under 3000 feet away so I’m thinking that’s the magic number.

Yes. I can fly as far as I want. It’s just when I initiate Hyperlapse it won’t start. Gives me error. I did get to do one under 3000 feet away so I’m thinking that’s the magic number.
That pretty much covers all the other possibilities! Bummer that they would restrict it to such a restricted distance! Hopefully, it is a bug, and not a VLOS feature!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR