DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am a college educated, nerdy, redneck, pilot. How about you?

Ditto. Two degrees, owned computer business, a software developer, computer nerd, first computer job was programming COBOL on punched cards, math teacher, ex-Army and proud of it. Got my fixed wing ticket in Alaska. I live on a dirt road on a mountain that bears my name because I live in the only house on the road. Educated redneck nerd, computer geek and pilot.

I am a veterinairy after that i studied medicin became surgeon and after that generalist. If I had not have married I think I would have continued to study some interesting stuff like sinologie or something else but one time married the women want before all security that means for their husbands they have to work... ---and yes, I earned my studies myself, my parents did not give a dime..., made a lot of different sports and was flying for a short time a Cessna too -that was too expensiv and time absorbend for me, because only to fly from A to B, drink a cup of coffee and return to A is not my thing.

I am a college educated, nerdy, redneck, river rat.
I studied electronics and mechanical engineering in college and later went back for a degree in computer science. (I also started our programming with punch cards but in FORTRAN.) I live in the mountains of West Virginia and am a whitewater rafter and kayaker. Next month, I will be rafting and camping the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon for 24 days.

Biology major, minored in Geology, environmental Sciences and Geography (GIS mapping). Worked my way through college as a electronics and computer tech at school, and a white water guide. Afterwards, worked as a seasonal park ranger for USCOE and NPS, and a wildlife biologist / environmental scientist for FS and private industry. Also did archaeology and paleontological work for various companies and as a temp at my wife’s job on call whenever needed. Now I’m also a teacher and love it - I also have more time to play with family and hobbies! Some of my favorite jobs: Conducted mine surveys and ultrasonic call recordings and analysis in Death Valley and the Mojave desert for bats, radio tagged and did RDF for finding roosting bald eagles, did live trapping studies for flying squirrels and conducted spotted owl surveys. Current hobbies: electronics and robotics (for environmental uses), photography, astronomy, hiking, kayaking, and now flying drones for projects like land mapping, archaeological survey (helping at wife’s company), and recreational wildlife and landscape photography.

Am a professional civil engineer with an MBA (Dip Civ Eng, MIE(Aust), CP Eng, RTSA)
Spent a lifetime working designing, building and maintaining railways, initially in Australia, but then a spell with London Underground and finished up as a consultant working on rail projects in Australia, Mongolia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and Congo and working with a Chinese client in their office in Beijing .

Though basically retired I still run training sessions on railways around SE Asia, and work as a volunteer one day a week for a local heritage railway. Spent many years in the Australian Army reserve with some full time service in the Vietnam days.

Learnt Fortran during my engineer studies, again with punch cards. My first computer was a **** Smith System 80 (Similar to a TRS80). Went on through CPM and then IBM. Still a bit of a nerd.

No idea what that makes me :)

Am a professional civil engineer with an MBA (Dip Civ Eng, MIE(Aust), CP Eng, RTSA)
Spent a lifetime working designing, building and maintaining railways, initially in Australia, but then a spell with London Underground and finished up as a consultant working on rail projects in Australia, Mongolia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and Congo and working with a Chinese client in their office in Beijing .

Though basically retired I still run training sessions on railways around SE Asia, and work as a volunteer one day a week for a local heritage railway. Spent many years in the Australian Army reserve with some full time service in the Vietnam days.

Learnt Fortran during my engineer studies, again with punch cards. My first computer was a **** Smith System 80 (Similar to a TRS80). Went on through CPM and then IBM. Still a bit of a nerd.

No idea what that makes me :)

Impressive itinerary, can you imagine what a drone could have done for you traveling to all those places?

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ottog