DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I don't think you're ready for this jelly

ebrightfield

Reactions
I finally got my Mavic Pro last week, updated firmware, calibrated gimbal, etc. For whatever reason I get a terrible jelly effect and I can barely get still photos that aren't totally blurred. It seems like this is a common problem but mine seems much worse than other clips I've seen. Is there a fix for this or did I buy a $1000 paperweight?

No, you bought a $1000 awesome deveice that's unfortunately DOA and you'll need to have repaired/exchanged.

That is as long as you've checked proper gimbal mounting already and that the gimbal didn't get "unclipped" during shipping.

Have you checked that the gimbal is clipped in correctly? I've seen a thread where that has corrected this issue. I would be pissed too I assure you it's either the gimbal mount or it needs repair. I've taken some great footage with mine. Even in the cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: kiribati
That's the worst jelly i've seen. Definitely something wrong here. I have to send mine in to DJI for the same issue but DJI has been completely unresponsive. If you can exchange it where you purchased it that would be the best bet.

have you removed the gimbal clamp ?

I had the "jelly" issue too. I was advised to change my memory card from 32gb to 64gb and it sorted out the problem immediately. Maybe try that before shipping it back off to DJI?

I think so, I tried messing with it and i got it in a different position that keeps the rubber bands tighter, I've pictured it below. Let me know if this looks right or if its supposed to be under the "L" bracket in the picture.

Have you checked that the gimbal is clipped in correctly? I've seen a thread where that has corrected this issue. I would be pissed too I assure you it's either the gimbal mount or it needs repair. I've taken some great footage with mine. Even in the cold weather.

Attachments

• unnamed copy.jpg
    unnamed copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
I think so, I tried messing with it and i got it in a different position that keeps the rubber bands tighter, I've pictured it below. Let me know if this looks right or if its supposed to be under the "L" bracket in the picture.

No it's supposed to be under that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser