DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I generally HATE Apple products but...

mcoulter

Reactions
I will say that the experience using LumaFusion on an iPad Pro has been exceptional! It's remarkable how well it handles 4k video! My initial testing show that short projects essentially export (almost) in real time. I have found that 1 minute of edited content (trimmed clips, titles, transitions, color adjustments) exports in just over 1 minute. Color me impressed.

I just wish that apple gave "normal" file system access to us... I guess iOS is better than it used to be in this regard, but coming from a PC and Andriod background this aspect is just plain maddening!

I will say that the experience using LumaFusion on an iPad Pro has been exceptional! It's remarkable how well it handles 4k video! My initial testing show that short projects essentially export (almost) in real time. I have found that 1 minute of edited content (trimmed clips, titles, transitions, color adjustments) exports in just over 1 minute. Color me impressed.

I just wish that apple gave "normal" file system access to us... I guess iOS is better than it used to be in this regard, but coming from a PC and Andriod background this aspect is just plain maddening!
What feature do you find not available on a Mac?

Which iPad?

What feature do you find not available on a Mac?

I wish I can come up with a way to phrase this differently, but the general file management system in the iOS operating system. The fact that I have to install iTunes on my PC laptop to copy files to the iPad... And when I do that I have to copy it to an application vs. a folder structure that I can better control. I'm sure I will get used to this and find a decent workflow, but simple file management should not be that hard!

Just accept it. Apple is smarter than you. It knows how to do things better than you. It's a superior company and experience in every way.

Wow! That's the most fanatic thing I have heard! What do you mean by "Apple is smarter than you"?. To shut up and accept that Apple decides for you? "It knows how to do things better than you". It doesn't, and it's easy to prove: in Android you can do exactly the same file management than on a PC (plug a pendrive, copy, move paste, open, view, etc. and you do this between the internal memory and the SD card, etc., etc.). All this is NOT possible on an iOS device, simply because it would ruin several important income strategies of this "superior company"... How can you deny reality! Fanatism really blinds some people...

Reactions: PS01
Wow! That's the most fanatic thing I have heard! What do you mean by "Apple is smarter than you"?. To shut up and accept that Apple decides for you? "It knows how to do things better than you". It doesn't, and it's easy to prove: in Android you can do exactly the same file management than on a PC (plug a pendrive, copy, move paste, open, view, etc. and you do this between the internal memory and the SD card, etc., etc.). All this is NOT possible on an iOS device, simply because it would ruin several important income strategies of this "superior company"... How can you deny reality! Fanatism really blinds some people...

Please make a mental image of my tongue FIRMLY planted in my cheek :)

Reactions: Majestic and Gindra
I wish I can come up with a way to phrase this differently, but the general file management system in the iOS operating system. The fact that I have to install iTunes on my PC laptop to copy files to the iPad... And when I do that I have to copy it to an application vs. a folder structure that I can better control. I'm sure I will get used to this and find a decent workflow, but simple file management should not be that hard!
While it has gotten better, iOS file management has been locked down pretty tight. It made it more secure, but iTunes is just awful. If your workflow allows it, I would consider using cloud storage as a way to get files from the iPad. You can use iClould, OneDrive, or Dropbox for lossless storage. What you loose is the speed, the files have to synch up to the cloud.

LumaFusion...

When making my decision as to which video editing program to consider, I was impressed with LumaFusion. However, I didn't like the restrictions encountered using an iPad. So, I went with Final Cut Pro X.

Is the new ios for ipad any better for you? You can plug a memory card in it to transfer files onto.

Reactions: spicciani2
Are you running iPad iOS? Files app now allows you to work directly with external storage. I am using external SSD with (USB 3.1 support) with no issues. File transfer is very quick. No special Apple adapters needed.

Reactions: Coskier
Hi, have you updated to iOS 13? It's got a Files app that works just like Mac. Has iOS 13 adrressed your complaint with iPad Pro?

Its my wife's tablet, but no the iOS updates did not resolve the issues. Both here readers worked a couple of times then quit.
I have not tried my tablets (I use the wifi connection to transfer
images to my tablet(s)).

You need to check out the current state of file
Management with IpadIOs.... External storage can be directly managed with the files app on iPad.

Apology, when I mentioned iOS 13 what I mean is iPadOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3