DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Mavic Air 4k Footage on Ipad Mini 4

Mdifilm

Reactions
So I just managed to use the ipad mini 4 to edit 4k footage from Mavic Air and it works.

I used LumaFusion and imported the clips from Google Drive and edited away.

I added transitions, titles, color adjustment, and music to test it out.

Both of the Mavic Air footage are 3840x2160 @ 23.976fps

you can adjust the type of frame you wanted to edit on and being able to export any sizes, in this case, I exported as 1920x816.

Here's the result

Just wanted to share this.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
So I just managed to use the ipad mini 4 to edit 4k footage from Mavic Air and it works.

I used LumaFusion and imported the clips from Google Drive and edited away.

I added transitions, titles, color adjustment, and music to test it out.

Both of the Mavic Air footage are 3840x2160 @ 23.976fps

you can adjust the type of frame you wanted to edit on and being able to export any sizes, in this case, I exported as 1920x816.

Here's the result

Just wanted to share this.
Nice! Did you hit that tree at the end? Hope not!

Nice! Did you hit that tree at the end? Hope not!
Lol that was the third take. First take didn’t go anywhere. 2nd hit the tree hard but nothing got damaged. And this was the 3rd take. It just stopped.

I'm glad it worked out for you!
I am still using the prop guards!
Have fun and safe flying.

I also do al my workflow on the iPad, with LumaFusion.

But I am getting some problems to use 4k 30fps from Mavic (I import via Camera Connection Kit).

The video plays choppy in the iPad camera roll and even when imported on LumaFusion. It’s hard to edit, but after rendering the final movie, it starts to play ok

I guess the iPad is struggling with the 100mb/s bitrate.

I did notice problem playing back with camera roll but not in LumaFusion. I usually let it play once to help get the cache going.

But I am getting some problems to use 4k 30fps from Mavic (I import via Camera Connection Kit).

The video plays choppy in the iPad camera roll and even when imported on LumaFusion. It’s hard to edit, but after rendering the final movie, it starts to play ok

You'd better downscale your 4K video to 1080p or 2k for using on iPad with LumaFusion or other software.

You'd better downscale your 4K video to 1080p or 2k for using on iPad with LumaFusion or other software.

Since no iPad has a 4K screen, it's already down-scaling it for you at all times to make it viewable.

iPads just aren't very powerful, and video editing, especially 4K, is tremendously taxing even on very high end PC's. I have the newest iPad Pro 10.5" and LumaFusion is a phenomenal piece of software but it doesn't run as smoothly as I'd like. 100Mbps 4K video editing on an iPad is possible but it's far from an ideal experience. I still use it for editing while on Vacation

FWIW - the SD Card to Lightning adapter Apple sells appears to let me import 4K footage from the Mavic Air to my iPhone 8. Would give you one less step of using Google Drive.

FWIW - the SD Card to Lightning adapter Apple sells appears to let me import 4K footage from the Mavic Air to my iPhone 8. Would give you one less step of using Google Drive.

They also sell a USB 3.0 Lighting "camera" adapter that allows you to run a dedicated card reader from it with WAY faster transfer speeds if you have one of the USB 3.0 compatible devices (iPad Pro 2017 both models):

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

I use this with my iPad Pro 10.5" and it transfers 4K footage from the card to the iPad extremely quickly.

It will also work on USB 2.0 devices, just slower. This way you maintain maximum flexibility with what you can transfer to your device without being limited to one card type or speed. You can plug in a secondary power source to it to run more demanding devices as well.

What is really sad is how Apple doesn't even give you USB 3.0 on the iPhone 8's or the X...saving that for later models to advertise as a "new" feature I guess :rolleyes: Typical Apple BS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK