Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got a phone call from the son-in-law of the man that was rescued

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I got a phone call from the son-in-law of the man that was rescued in the Bankhead National Forest. He was deeply appreciative and wanted the contact info for each of the 4 pilots so he can reach out to them. He also wants to help spread the word about DSAR and educate people about us. He was surprised that we’re all volunteer and have no external funding (he thought we received government funding). He recognizes the powerful potential of drones for SAR and wants to help broaden their use. He mentioned a U.S. Senator that he knows and wants to involve in reducing the red tape on drone rescue use.

that outstanding.

Reactions: Former Member
I got a phone call from the son-in-law of the man that was rescued in the Bankhead National Forest. He was deeply appreciative and wanted the contact info for each of the 4 pilots so he can reach out to them. He also wants to help spread the word about DSAR and educate people about us. He was surprised that we’re all volunteer and have no external funding (he thought we received government funding). He recognizes the powerful potential of drones for SAR and wants to help broaden their use. He mentioned a U.S. Senator that he knows and wants to involve in reducing the red tape on drone rescue use.
We need a DSAR register in the UK. I don't think any authority has latched on to this yet.

We need a DSAR register in the UK. I don't think any authority has latched on to this yet.

I’m willing to work with someone in the U.K. who wants to head it up and establish a web site for the U.K. DSAR.

We could expand the existing web site and add a separate section and registry for the UK.

Last edited:
...... and Amann will be in charge of the fundraising and managing/controlling the FLIR squadron. ?

Get a 501c3 organization going and it can happen... I would be willing to help with the fundraising part of it...

You need a board of directors, that’s the hard part. All the paperwork and the board work to start a 501c is simple.

The board members could be the same people who keep a drone kit in their region, too.

If this flies, I’d also be willing to be a board member for my region in So Cal.

Who wants to be Executive Director? It would require a bit more of their time, but really not as bad as it sounds if it is someone good with delegating the work.

Last edited:
Funny, I helped start a non profit back in the 90’s and we used a book by Nolo Press. I also used a book by Nolo Press to do my own divorce, and used a packet from them to draft our wills. They’re a great outfit.

Starting out the paperwork really is the easy part, getting the BOD put together really is the hard part!

You already have a possible name - DSAR, just need others willing to be a board of directors...

Volunteers?

Funny, I helped start a non profit back in the 90’s and we used a book by Nolo Press. I also used a book by Nolo Press to do my own divorce, and used a packet from them to draft our wills. They’re a great outfit.

Starting out the paperwork really is the easy part, getting the BOD put together really is the hard part!

You already have a possible name - DSAR, just need others willing to be a board of directors...

Volunteers?

The three of us that confounded it? Myself, Thunderdrones and FatherXmas? But I’m pretty sure none of us wants to be the director ....

Funny, I helped start one back in the 90’s and we used a book by Nolo Press. I also used anbook by Nolo Press to do my own divorce, and used a packet from them to draft our wills.

The three of us that confounded it? Myself, Thunderdrones and FatherXmas? But I’m pretty sure none of us wants to be the director ....

Confounded it? :D

If there’s sincerely an interest In this idea, I’d be willing to help out. I don’t want to take the bus by the wheels though, which I may seem to be doing here, but it is not my intention at all. Let me know if you guys are interested, I would be willing to help out. I wouldn’t want to be executive director either, kinda a job for a retired person. As for the Board of Directors, that wouldn’t be a bad position as you would just be a signatory person and possibly taking on smaller administrative projects.

Confounded it? :D

Yup. The 3 of us created DSAR at the beginning of the year and kicked off the initial training session last month, after which we started the registry. Read this page on the web site.

I can’t speak for the other 2 cofounders but personally I hate handling other people’s money, and dealing with lawyers and the government. I have enough headaches at my full-time job without the legalities of this. Nothing is easy when the government is involved - I.e., look at the increasing burdensome drone regulations (some of which we were recently hamstrung by during the recent SAR op; the family was livid over the ridiculousness of it.)

Reactions: tleedom and AMann
The call is what it’s all about plus the actual help. Once I have my 107 I do plan on signing up on the registration with DSAR Glad to see others abroad going further with this.

Reactions: AMann and RCdancer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_