DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Just lost my Mavic 3

Update,
DJI just call me over the phone to informed me that they decide on send me a new drone free of charge. They say I will receive an email with tracking details and another email in 1-3 days explaining what happen (I ask for that). For my surprise they will send me even the 128GB SD card that I lost it too !!! I am happy now. I ask if they know when the January update will be released and they just say in January stay pending on the website.

Update,
DJI just call me over the phone to informed me that they decide on send me a new drone free of charge. They say I will receive an email with tracking details and another email in 1-3 days explaining what happen (I ask for that). For my surprise they will send me even the 128GB SD card that I lost it too !!! I am happy now. I ask if they know when the January update will be released and they just say in January stay pending on the website.

Good - while the TXT log didn't contain enough information to pinpoint the cause of the loss, it clearly showed some kind of aircraft failure before the disconnect. DJI always seems to accept those cases as warranty issues.

Good - while the TXT log didn't contain enough information to pinpoint the cause of the loss, it clearly showed some kind of aircraft failure before the disconnect. DJI always seems to accept those cases as warranty issues.
Thank you again for your help !!!

Reactions: sar104 and TonyPHX
Update,
DJI generally are quite good in cases like this, that's been my experience anyway

Update,
Awesome man!!!

I am still waiting for the email but I trust DJI.

Are you kidding me?
After they call me on Monday at 5:08PM from the 1-818-235-0789 and Tati talked to me to inform me that DJI decided on send me a drone and promised an email with the details (well you guy know the story)
now a manager finally send me an email with this !!!! I am not sure how DJI works but this is so WRONG !!! What kind of organization do they have and how they call you to tell you that good news after ask me for all the Flylogs evidence and now they start over asking again for evidence and acting like they never called me. I am really upset.

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Jan 6, 2022, 11:03 GMT+8

Dear Nelvick,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
This is Alexiss, Customer Care Manager from DJI. Your case was escalated to me by our relevant team, and I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

I have received your case and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I deeply understand your unpleasant feeling during the flyaway experience.
Given the description of the issue, I understand that you are eager and request us to send you a replacement drone for free.

I am afraid that we would need to conduct a data analysis with your synced flight data. We will determine if the incident was caused by product malfunction of by human error.
- If the incident was caused by product malfunctions, we will provide you a free service of a replacement drone.
- If the flyaway was caused by human error, we will arrange the flyaway replacement price to you.

I would escalate your case as a top priority and urge our team to speed up the process for you.
We greatly esteem your patronage and we do hope that you could continue enjoying your Mavic 3.
I am personally following your case and make sure you will receive a working drone.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to get back in touch with me.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
Alexiss

Second email.

Then another email.
Jan 6, 2022, 12:59 GMT+8
Dear Nelvick,

Good day.

For your claimed case CAS-XXXXXXXXX, we have received a request for data analysis. With this, may we request for the details and files below to be provided:

1. Confirm the exact date and time of the flight incident:

2. Please export the Whole FlightRecords Folder including the MCDatFlight Records Folder and the Video Cache Folder/DJI Records from the phone used during the incident. The attached file is for the instruction. Use Google Drive or Dropbox to upload all the files and give us the link on this email.

Looking forward to your early reply, so that we can solve the issue soon. Have a nice day.

Note: If we have not received a response within 48 hours, we will temporarily tag your case as resolved. If the files/details are available already, you can directly reply to this email for us to proceed for analysis or contact our DJI Technical Support through this link: https://www.dji.com/support.

Best Regards
Michael
DJI Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

Second email.

Then another email.
Jan 6, 2022, 12:59 GMT+8
Dear Nelvick,

Good day.

For your claimed case CAS-XXXXXXXXX, we have received a request for data analysis. With this, may we request for the details and files below to be provided:

1. Confirm the exact date and time of the flight incident:

2. Please export the Whole FlightRecords Folder including the MCDatFlight Records Folder and the Video Cache Folder/DJI Records from the phone used during the incident. The attached file is for the instruction. Use Google Drive or Dropbox to upload all the files and give us the link on this email.

Looking forward to your early reply, so that we can solve the issue soon. Have a nice day.

Note: If we have not received a response within 48 hours, we will temporarily tag your case as resolved. If the files/details are available already, you can directly reply to this email for us to proceed for analysis or contact our DJI Technical Support through this link: https://www.dji.com/support.

Best Regards
Michael
DJI Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.
Send them a reply advising them of the person that told you that you will be getting a replacement and an SD card.

I absolutely already did it.

Probably just a few crossed channels of communications. Left hand of the company doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

LOL. I just let them know again. There is two different teams.
1.jpg

Reactions: TonyPHX
I'm new to the DJI Mini series and learning on an SE. Having heard already about fly-aways, and not seeing anything like this yet, seems like it might be a good thing in a pre-flight configuration to have a max. distance flight time without any pilot input -- that way if the drone does not keep "hearing" back from the actual pilot controller, it goes into RTH, rather than flying off into the blue yonder.

that way if the drone does not keep "hearing" back from the actual pilot controller, it goes into RTH, rather than flying off into the blue yonder.
That is already built in. If it does not have contact with the controller for 11 seconds (I believe) RTH will be activated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu