DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I salute all pilots.

Reactions
In a few days I will be able to purchase a Mavic pro 2 drone along with goggles and the remote control.
My flight and drone experience is zero. Due to my profession as a captain I can afford buying the best overall drone.
I need your guidance, suggestions, help and knowledge based on your experiences. I would appreciate any helpful message and instructions from all considered in a step by step procedure.
Thank you in advance!
Looking forward and anxiously your reply!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Dimitrios Tsoupras
Yasoo Dimitrios and welcome. You will do just fine, lots of good videos on how to do everything. Just be sure to fly in beginner mode to start until you feel comfortable.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here's a good video to get you started:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983
:)) As soon as I am comfortable in biginners mode I will try to send as spectacular as possible videos and pictures from around the tanker crossing Atlantic and Indian Ocean!!! I am a quick learner and the level of vigilance and perception is high (MUST be high) due to the severity of occupation. Thank you sincerely for your message. The site is helpful! In case of a query matter occur, I will ask. Thank you!

Reactions: dirkclod
Yasoo Dimitrios and welcome. You will do just fine, lots of good videos on how to do everything. Just be sure to fly in beginner mode to start until you feel comfortable.
I will fly in biginners mode! I am laughing out loud from the inside because I didn't know there was a biginners mode!!! I am even happier now for reducing the possibilities of crashing!!! You figured out that I am Greek. Nice!!! A person of high perception and knowledge! Thank you for your reply and advice!

:)) ... I will try to send as spectacular as possible videos and pictures from around the tanker crossing Atlantic and Indian Ocean!!!...
A few words of caution...
  • All the steel on a tanker could cause compass errors. I suggest a test flight while in port.
  • While underway, make sure the tanker is not moving faster than your M2P is capable of. Remember that wind direction at altitude will also affect flying speed over water.
  • When you launch your M2P it will try to maintain it's GPS position, meaning that the moving tanker could hit the hovering Mavic.
I recall watching a video where a guy launched his Phantom from a cruse ship only to watch it drain it's battery and crash into the sea. Turned out the ship was traveling fast enough that the Phantom could not keep up.

A few words of caution...
  • All the steel on a tanker could cause compass errors. I suggest a test flight while in port.
  • While underway, make sure the tanker is not moving faster than your M2P is capable of. Remember that wind direction at altitude will also affect flying speed over water.
  • When you launch your M2P it will try to maintain it's GPS position, meaning that the moving tanker could hit the hovering Mavic.
I recall watching a video where a guy launched his Phantom from a cruse ship only to watch it drain it's battery and crash into the sea. Turned out the ship was traveling fast enough that the Phantom could not keep up.

If the compass is that sensitive then you are right! The tanker is moving with max speed around 15 kts (nautical miles per hour) in accordance with a cruise ship that makes at least 22 kts. That shouldn't be a problem for the m2p.
But anyways, until I have full knowledge of the capabilities of the m2p through videos, manuals and posts from present site, I will be careful as hell!
Thank you very much!!! I much appreciate it!!!

If the compass is that sensitive then you are right!...
It is that sensitive. If there is a problem, Go 4 should warn you and suggest you move your launch point. Regardless of any warnings, make sure your direction designator on Go 4 and the actual direction the M2 is pointing are the same before you launch.
...The tanker is moving with max speed around 15 kts (nautical miles per hour) in accordance with a cruise ship that makes at least 22 kts. That shouldn't be a problem for the m2p...
You need to factor wind direction and speed aloft. Too much of a headwind and you can kiss your Mavic goodbye.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman