DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I should know this , but I dont

BD0G

Reactions
I want to use Lichti to take a Horizontal Panorama - Maybe 4 or 5 images across and perhaps 2 rows. However, I want to shoot AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) and do 5 AEB photos at each location of the panorama. Then I can process into an HDR image and then stitch them together. Would make for some great landscape panorama's.

Ideas? Steps?

I want to use Lichti to take a Horizontal Panorama - Maybe 4 or 5 images across and perhaps 2 rows. However, I want to shoot AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) and do 5 AEB photos at each location of the panorama. Then I can process into an HDR image and then stitch them together. Would make for some great landscape panorama's.

Ideas? Steps?

Just guessing here but my 2 cents worth.
Do it manually.
Position your drone as necessary then don't move it until all shots taken.
By moving gimbal, take your shots with approx 1/3 overlap. Approximate accuracy should be ok. If you have to, rotate the drone in position to get the hoizontal spread.
Your stitching software should be able to handle the resulting images after processing the bracketed shots.

Just guessing here but my 2 cents worth.
Do it manually.
Position your drone as necessary then don't move it until all shots taken.
By moving gimbal, take your shots with approx 1/3 overlap. Approximate accuracy should be ok. If you have to, rotate the drone in position to get the hoizontal spread.
Your stitching software should be able to handle the resulting images after processing the bracketed shots.
That is exactly how I took this pano.
IMG_0988.JPG

Reactions: Ken K
I am aware and I have done this manually in the past and I am searching for a way to automate the process. If I was taking multiple single exposure shots then this would be an easier task to automate I believe. Lichti can do through the Panorama mode and I have done lots of Sperical 360's that way.

Just define how many rows and columns , nadir , etc and start the Panorama mission. Using an automated process allows me to not worry so much about horizontal positioning of the drone to capture the right and left sides of the pano and ensure that I have approximately 1/3rd overlap. That overlap will be automatically achieved by Lichti and allow stitching. Plus its lots few steps. No need to view the real time image feed and move sticks to get the overlap. Just launch the bird and click on start pano . Click Click Click happens and then pano completed. Fly the bird back. Done

I think I may be on to an answer to this question as another member wants to shoot AEB photos in the same mode and there is talk about a beta version that now allows this.
Conversation will be continued in this thread -Litchi, Panos and AEB

Thanks for the responses and beautiful panorama posted!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329