DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want to get the EU open license in Italy - anyone in Italy can answer questions?

Bob Dempsey

Reactions
Hi all - I'm traveling to EU this summer starting in Italy. I have friends living there and have an address that I can use in Rome. I see a non-government agency saying that they are the only way to get the license in Italy. I'm trying not to get scammed and would like real info. My Italian is only as good as google translate. I would be happy to take the test and pay the fee - we are going to be in the EU for a month. I really appreciate any help.

Reactions: ZuoYaoQi
Hi all - I'm traveling to EU this summer starting in Italy. I have friends living there and have an address that I can use in Rome. I see a non-government agency saying that they are the only way to get the license in Italy. I'm trying not to get scammed and would like real info. My Italian is only as good as google translate. I would be happy to take the test and pay the fee - we are going to be in the EU for a month. I really appreciate any help.
The EASA test was free if you sign up for it in Luxembourg

Probably easier to do it via the Irish Aviation Authority instead: Home

It's a European certification so should apply in Italy. Perhaps just verify that and then handle it all in English via the IAA.

I did mine on LBA for free. I don't know about others, but some countries offer one for free, for example Spain does, but only for 18+, I'm 15 years old so I found a website that let me do it anyway.

Go to a thread posted yesterday by rwarrior. I asked the same question for Germany. It is by far the best explanation and advice you will see. Very complete and very, very helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760