DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was tempted to fly but didn't...

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Instead, I'm driving 360mi over the Alaska Range to the deep south (Anchorage). Driving with the wife and dog so probably little or no flying along the way but I do want to toss up one of the drones at -40F to see how things go but probably won't do a range test! (maybe just a hover test?? LOL).
IMG_8243.jpg

Y'all are sending that nasty cold to Denver today. Thanks! 😉

-50° windchill on the books for tonight. Coldest night in 30 years.

Gee, I feel slighted. It's only about -9 here today.

Blizzard Warning
Southwestern Wisconsin
1 hour ago – National Weather Service

Blizzard Warning
Southwestern Wisconsin
hoping it will warm up to that in a month or two....I saw a video of the current storm. I know many people are without power so it's no joke but looking at the video footage of it snowing and blowing...looked like a normal day to me. Our truck just failed on the highway well south of town at -40F. At least it wasn't snowing LOL>

Off-topic kinda, and maybe I'm mistaken, but: Are you traveling with a cracked windshield at 40 below?
Hey, it's Alaska. There, new trucks come equipped with windshield cracks already installed (it's a dealer option, like a plug-in engine block heater).

Reactions: slozukimc

Blizzard Warning
Southwestern Wisconsin
Sorry what is that symbol in front of the ‘9’, I didn’t think the thermometer went below 32
Message from sunny florida, lovely drone flying weather here

The symbol is a minus sign. I was born and raised up here, but after I went to Nam, I could never really adjust to it, so what to do? Here's a hint, stay inside from Christmas to April. LOLOL

Reactions: mike foy
Instead, I'm driving 360mi over the Alaska Range to the deep south (Anchorage). Driving with the wife and dog so probably little or no flying along the way but I do want to toss up one of the drones at -40F to see how things go but probably won't do a range test! (maybe just a hover test?? LOL).
View attachment 158520
Nice. Just spoke with my Mom the other day. She was telling me how nice it was at 11 degrees in Wasilla after leaving Willow at -18 that morning. Too cold for this guy.

Nice. Just spoke with my Mom the other day. She was telling me how nice it was at 11 degrees in Wasilla after leaving Willow at -18 that morning. Too cold for this guy.
I would have passed by Wasilla if my car had made it down south to Anchorage, but at 40 below my car failed. It was quite the day.

The symbol is a minus sign. I was born and raised up here, but after I went to Nam, I could never really adjust to it, so what to do? Here's a hint, stay inside from Christmas to April. LOLOL
Don’t move to Alaska

I have been told that broken windshields are the norm in AK. Gravel roads are hard on stuff.
A cracked windshield is indeed pretty common with all the gravel and all the trucks. I’m trying to think of friends that don’t have a cracked windshield…none come to mind but it will get replaced someday….

Reactions: slozukimc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661