DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was wondering if DJI Ever read this forum?

Keith Tweedie

Reactions
The Mavic 2 Pro (best drone ever) can pan to the camera left and right only when you touch the screen. My Inspire 1 can do it by using the C1 button to alternate the gimbal wheel to switch form up down or left right. I find with a sun shade on my ipad pro it’s difficult to swipe the screen and fly at the same time, I lose my throttle. Surly if the Inspire1 can do it the Mavic2 could also do it.

If you want this to go to DJI, this is the wrong place. You should really post it to the DJI forums and call it a feature request. If you get no reply to a forum post from a DJI support person, your next recourse is email to DJI.

The Mavic 2 Pro (best drone ever) can pan to the camera left and right only when you touch the screen. My Inspire 1 can do it by using the C1 button to alternate the gimbal wheel to switch form up down or left right. I find with a sun shade on my ipad pro it’s difficult to swipe the screen and fly at the same time, I lose my throttle. Surly if the Inspire1 can do it the Mavic2 could also do it.
I posted a request over a year ago on the DJI official forum to be able to pan with the wheel as well as others since then with no luck. Out of all the requests/suggestions I have seen posted there, zero have come to be. I'm sure they are working on the next model shortly after the release of the current model and don't seem to care about those who bought the current version. There are many things that just need code written and added to a firmware update to implement, but they just don't seem to care.
Most of the replies on the official forum are automated and only get a human response if a problem is escalated.
Another example is the small .7 of a stop in photo bracketing. Many have asked for a realistic value or be able to set it larger, once again, just code to be written but no dice... There are many other examples.
I gave up on the official forum.

I've had a DJI tech tell me on 2 occasions that they were entering my suggestion as a feature request.

One thing is for sure, in respect to the title of this thread, your luck won't be here than it is there.

Chris

I've had a DJI tech tell me on 2 occasions that they were entering my suggestion as a feature request.

One thing is for sure, in respect to the title of this thread, your luck won't be here than it is there.

Chris
Did either of them get used?

The OP's request has been made many times with no result over there but do agree that anything here has even less chance...

Reactions: charliej
Whilst dji make great products there is a certain air of arrogance to them as a company I think. They dominate and own the drone market and they know it. Their founder and CEO Frank Wang by all accounts is a real piece of work and very pig headed. Part of this comes from being where they are based and his heritage. I’m saying this to backup my thoughts that I strongly doubt they will take on user suggestions and feature requests.

Reactions: JimCanada
WOW!!! Calling a CEO “pig headed” (true or not) might not be the best way to get ones desired changes made. Just sayin ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas