DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 I wonder who built this?

The Fat Controller

Reactions
I wanted to try out a couple of things with my Mini 2 and needed a wide open area. Unfortunately it was far too windy - the Mini was doing its best to cope with the conditions but really struggled to hold steady, so I just grabbed these quick photos instead. It's Ballynoe Stone Circle near Downpatrick in Co. Down (N. Ireland)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

You know who built it...?

Thanks for sharing. :)

In the US, these would be crop circles. Apparently, Ireland didn't get that same memo!

I wanted to try out a couple of things with my Mini 2 and needed a wide open area. Unfortunately it was far too windy - the Mini was doing its best to cope with the conditions but really struggled to hold steady, so I just grabbed these quick photos instead. It's Ballynoe Stone Circle near Downpatrick in Co. Down (N. Ireland)

View attachment 135890

View attachment 135891
Stone circles are circular arrangements of standing stones, dating from the late Neolithic era through the Early Bronze Age. Monuments were constructed from 3300 to 900 BCE. They are commonly found throughout Britain, Ireland and Brittany. In Ireland, the monuments are distributed primarily in County Cork, County Kerry and in central Ulster. In Ulster, the typical stone circle is constructed of a large number of small stones, usually 0.3 m high, and are often found at higher elevations. Stone circles are relative scarce in County Down, compared to other regions of Ulster. There are more than 1300 surviving stone circles in Britain, Ireland, and Brittany today. The original purpose for stone circles in unknown, but many archaeologists believe that they were used for multiple purposes, including burials, religious or ceremonial purposes, and community gatherings. It has also been suggested that the stones were situated in relation to meaningful solar and lunar alignments.

Just in case you really wanted to know the answer.​

Dale
Miami

Oooh I just went looking for it on google maps satellite view, have a look at 54.29078, -5.72588
it's striking.

Is there a barrow in the centre?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a video of it I did several years ago with my Mavic Pro. It was one of my first outings with the Pro, and also one of my first videos.

I think it is a burial ground and the hump in the center is where the Alien is buried.
1f47d.png

Merlin.

View attachment 135890

View attachment 135891
Beautiful shot of a beautiful country. Lucky to have vistas like this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan