DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ice rescue concept

Good job, looks to me like that's going to work fine great job.

Reactions: Lopez0015
The guy in [emoji1063] is probably going to disagree, but really how you can you it won't work.

As you can see in this situation someone has already walked up to the guy, as you can tell by the footprints. So yes, being from Canada, this won't work!!! Haha
:)

That jacket seems already ice frozen to me ;) Nice work anyway! I like the way this guys sticks with his idea and existing materials and make it work no matter how many people tell him there are more dedicated aerial vehicles for this job or whatever else. Hat down and fingers crossed in real situations.

That jacket seems already ice frozen to me ;) Nice work anyway! I like the way this guys sticks with his idea and existing materials and make it work no matter how many people tell him there are more dedicated aerial vehicles for this job or whatever else. Hat down and fingers crossed in real situations.

I wanted to use a real guy who fell through the ice but couldn't find any volunteers. /s

I still firmly believe that a matrice would be a much better delivery vehicle but a mavic can be a viable alternative.

In fact, the size and portability of mavic might make it a better option depending on the scenario.

Mavic isn't rated to fly below freezing but from my experience people tend to fall through the ice when the air temperatures are warmer and the ice is beginning to thaw.

Also, many people have flown mavic in extremely cold temperatures with great success.

I am pretty sure that cold air is more dense and should make it easier to generate lift.

Im not advocating for mavic to be the only solution for ice rescue. Often, there are a limited number of rescue suits and many responders on scene. In most scenarios, the rescue team should absolutely continue their efforts with traditional methods while alternate methods, like a drone, are utilized.

It's always great to have plan b, and c when time is of the essence.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas