DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideas for Games. Have any?

Estaban

Reactions
Been thinking about how to involve friends and family to have some fun with my drones (Spark/Mavic)
Also possibly ways to use them when flying solo also. I often fly in the same location due to time and convenience and there is only so many photos/videos to be had in the same place.

I know there is a game app you can play with the Mavic (not sure about Spark), and have played that but it is more about just concentrating on the screen and not really on the drone.

Just wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas for ways to use the drone for a small group in open space just to have fun.

One possible is to flatten some old cardboard boxes for landing pads, place them around the field and everyone has to fly a course doing a touch and go on each, see who can do it the fastest. Needs to be fairly open area so everyone can see the drone the whole time with maybe a audible timer to build the excitement.

So, open area no safety or drone law issues, flying for fun. What would you do??

Mmmm.....touch and go on each.....meaning landing takeoff landing takeoff etc.

Landings are the only compulsory part of a flight and as such a risky and unavoidable operation needing a pilot to focus. Keeping this in mind multiple landings under competitive conditions do not seem to be a good idea.

Do you value your Mavic?

Most "fun" things to do with quads typically require more pilot training and faster/more robust machines... aka FPV racing etc.

Most people who have flown mine get the basics in about 10 minutes.

Yes, a little risk maybe, but no more than flying it at 400 feet.

Between taking photos/video and FPV racing, there must be lots in between, just need more imagination I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom