DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Identify wind bursts in log file

lollip

Reactions
Hello,

First post here, been lurking for a while and got my Mavic Air a week ago.

No problem so far, but I'm educating myself at looking at the log files with the CsvView tool. On my latest flight when ascending, the Mavic became jittery for 2 seconds when I reached the top of the trees.

I'd like to identify why - from the video I suspect this is just a quick adjustment to a wind burst. But I'd like to confirm in logs - possibly from a difference in motor speed vs expected speed or something like that?

Maybe one of our forensic experts can chime in as to what I should plot to spot wind bursts?

Many thanks in advance :)

The easy way is to have a paid airdata account and upload your flight logs there.
Airdata uses a good algorithm to calculate wind speed / direction and bursts.

The easy way is to have a paid airdata account and upload your flight logs there.
Airdata uses a good algorithm to calculate wind speed / direction and bursts.

Agreed - AirData is good for wind speed calculations.

Hello,

First post here, been lurking for a while and got my Mavic Air a week ago.

No problem so far, but I'm educating myself at looking at the log files with the CsvView tool. On my latest flight when ascending, the Mavic became jittery for 2 seconds when I reached the top of the trees.

I'd like to identify why - from the video I suspect this is just a quick adjustment to a wind burst. But I'd like to confirm in logs - possibly from a difference in motor speed vs expected speed or something like that?

Maybe one of our forensic experts can chime in as to what I should plot to spot wind bursts?

Many thanks in advance :)

I would also take a look at the pitch and roll data in CsvView - if wind were the cause then you should see some larger pitch and roll angles when that happens.

Thanks guys I knew I’d get a quick answer.

On it now :)

Flight logs analysis is quite fascinating!

So the CsvView analysis displays a larger pitch / roll at that time. However, thinking about it, it reflects what I saw visually : the aircraft rolled and pitched more than usual.
Trying to find what data DJI uses to determine a "high wind" condition (which I didn't get at the time).

I looked at the motor current (originally wanting to compare input / vs. expected output to calculate "wind" effect), and this is what the graph looks like.

Is this as worrying as it looks like ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-08-18 à 21.18.44.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-08-18 à 21.18.44.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 15
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member