DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If altitude is judged by barometric pressure, would altering the barometer's pressure reading before it's turned on affect perceived altitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the point of the exercise in the first place? If it was to exceed height limitations all you need to do is plug the hole to the sensor.
Didn't know it could be that simple. However, doing that would leave you without any clue what your altitude is whatsoever.. THE POINT OF THE EXCERCISE: To go up a mountain without being blocked at 1600 ft. If I blocked the barometer I wouldn't be sure how high above the ground the drone is. With the tank system, you just need to use a little math to calculate your altitude. Also, 2ND POINT, i'm worried about the trouble people may get into if they temporarily exceed the altitude limit when DRONE ID SYSTEMS come out. These systems will report and record the altitude permanently. Unlike driving a car and speeding TEMPORARILY, the police or FAA can go back in time and fine you for an altitude violation a year after the fact. That is really F'd up.

Anyway, I'd like see if your idea works. That's if i can find the barometer inside the drone. Unless you can tell me how to do it. Again, when the Drone ID system comes out, I don't want any trouble if I lose signal because of an object, building or land mass and I need to go over 400 ft just to keep my radio connection. We are all going to be at risk of fines for violations in altitude (due to the ID system), week, months and even years after the fact. If i'm wrong, let me know.

LOL, why would you? Most bizarre thread I have ever read
Why would a person want to control the Altitude readout? The new ID systems for drones are going to permanently record even a temporary violation over 400ft. Unlike cars, temporarily speeding isn't recorded. This limits the police to only giving tickets when you are temporarily over the speed limit accidentally or not. With the ID system, the violation is recorded permanently. Thus, I conclude, the FAA will be able to fine you anytime, even years after the violation occured.

has anyone posted something on the subject here that me and my inspire and mavic need to know. I,m pretty sure the lost socks are in pittsburgh

Why would a person want to control the Altitude readout? The new ID systems for drones are going to permanently record even a temporary violation over 400ft. Unlike cars, temporarily speeding isn't recorded. This limits the police to only giving tickets when you are temporarily over the speed limit accidentally or not. With the ID system, the violation is recorded permanently. Thus, I conclude, the FAA will be able to fine you anytime, even years after the violation occured.
There's only one reasonable solution; sell all your UAVs and take up golf instead.

has anyone posted something on the subject here that me and my inspire and mavic need to know. I,m pretty sure the lost socks are in pittsburgh
I don't know. What do you mean? I'm too stupid . I don't get the joke.

TO ADMIN: Ithink this thread has had enough input. You can close the thread now.

TO ADMIN: Ithink this thread has had enough input. You can close the thread now.
I believe you are correct and this has been discussed before here
or in PhantomPilots. So I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo