DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IF You fly DJIGO4 app with iOS Check this setting NOW!

Ikopta

Reactions
Save your self some pain. IF You fly DJIGO4 app with iOS Check this setting NOW!
It could save you a wasted trip/embarressment. Defo needs to be part of any flyers preflight BEFORE leaving civilisation.

Save your self some pain. IF You fly DJIGO4 app with iOS Check this setting NOW!
It could save you a wasted trip/embarressment. Defo needs to be part of any flyers preflight BEFORE leaving civilisation.

It won’t offload them unless you haven’t used them in a long time but still not a bad idea generally.

Interesting tid bit, iOS will NOT allow you to download the DJI Go 4 app over cellular internet which is INSANE! There’s no good way to override this.

iOS won’t allow you to download apps over a certain size on cellular internet and DJI. Go 4 is well over that limit

Reactions: charliesRig
It won’t offload them unless you haven’t used them in a long time but still not a bad idea generally.

Interesting tid bit, iOS will NOT allow you to download the DJI Go 4 app over cellular internet which is INSANE! There’s no good way to override this.

iOS won’t allow you to download apps over a certain size on cellular internet and DJI. Go 4 is well over that limit

Last time I ran into this, I used my phone’s Personal Hotspot to download the app to my iPad and it worked. iOS sees the personal hotspot connection as a WiFi connection, so proceeds. If you fly with your phone, and have a cellular iPad or another person there with an iPhone, or any other hotspot capability, you should be able to use those devices the same way. Makes the whole size limit over cellular even more pointless, but it is a pretty easy workaround (unless they closed this loophole recently...).

Reactions: Jaysjob
Must be off by default. Just checked and it was off, as I am not an IOS person except for display it isn't something I would have changed.
Didn't hurt a bit to check. Good peace of mind.

You can bypass it, I have done it before but it was quite a while ago. It was something like change your date backwards or forwards and then try it. It will download the app regardless of the size. Still not a good idea to download a big app on cellular internet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580