DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm hearing the Chinese New Year is what is delaying the M2ED and synching of Smart Controller

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
It's easy to find an M2E in stock but almost every dealer I've checked is out of the M2ED and says something like "Arriving Soon". I'm hearing the Chinese New Year (a major holiday in China) is the principal cause of delay, delaying arrival of more units along with solving the issue of the smart controller working with it.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I am in China now, for a month. Have been here since the 2nd.
I can certainly vouch for at least the week celebrating Chinese New Year.
For a country where businesses, banks and many manufacturers operate 7 days a week, I was quite surprised to see just how much in the way of retail, banking, and presumably manufacturing had shut down.
But, I pose the question to almost the rest of the western world; why not?
I have travelled to, and lived in several southern Chinese cities for several weeks/months at a time at least twice a year since 2014, and would not begrudge them one, or two weeks leave a year. For most, the one week will be all they have.
So, if some bit of DJI technology arrives on store shelves a bit later than us westerners demand, we might spare a thought for those people who put the hours in, often six days a week and equally often for fifty weeks a year.

Last edited:
I am in China now, for a month. Have been here since the 2nd.
I can certainly vouch for at least the week celebrating Chinese New Year.
For a country where few businesses and many manufacturers operate 7 days a week, I was quite surprised to see just how much in the way of retail, banking, and presumably manufacturing had shut down.
But, I pose the question to almost the rest of the western world; why not?
I have travelled to, and lived in several southern Chinese cities for several weeks/months at a time at least twice a year since 2014, and would not begrudge them one, or two weeks leave a year. For most, the one week will be all they have.
So, if some bit of DJI technology arrives on store shelves a bit later than us westerners demand, we might spare a thought for those people who put the hours in, often six days a week and equally often for fifty weeks a year.

Thank you for enlightening us about the Chinese culture.

I dont think anyone is begrudging them, simply wondering where products are out of lack of knowledge about the Chinese culture. Many western people take vacation between Christmas and New Years, not in the middle of February. I too lived in Asia for quite a while, and it is amazing how a whole country can just shut down for 2 weeks, but it happens. Just like Christmas Day here. Even Walmart is closed lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure