DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm my own worst enemy and wrecked it again.

To me the biggest limitation was the lack of internal storage. This was a major contributor to execution slowing down as the file system filled up from logs, etc.

External antennas certainly seems to have helped quiet all the ranges issues people were having with the Mini 3 and RC. Not seeing it with the Air 3 and Mini 4.

HDMI out supported on USB-C port.
Interesting - I've never had issues with the internal storage (that I know of).

Range isn't an issue with me as I don't fly too far from where I am and HDMI out isn't something I use.

I have to say, DJI certainly seems to be pretty good at iterating and improving each generation of drone. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Interesting - I've never had issues with the internal storage (that I know of).

Range isn't an issue with me as I don't fly too far from where I am and HDMI out isn't something I use.

I wasn't speaking of that which you find limited. I was speaking generally about what was reported by the user base.

I didn't have any range issues with the Mini3P and the RC either, and found it performed well for me. Others had problems.

People get lucky and sometimes drones survive immersion but, aside from shorts etc., a big problem can be corrosion. Some of the metals involved in these drones can set up 'cells' with other metals and the result is electrolytic corrosion which can EAT some of the light weight metals, this is especially true if the drone goes into salt water.
I did have a drone get immersed in fresh water for about 3 minutes. It crashed just on the edge of a fresh water lake, so I was able to run to it and grab it. It was soaked inside and out. I immediately removed the battery and put a blow dryer on it for 24 hours, then I let it sit for 5 more days until I believed it was completely dry. After 6 days I put a fresh battery in and it took off without any issue. For the next year and half it flew without incident until i sold it.

You can save a drone if it gets freshwater infiltration, but if it's salt, you will have a brick. You might as well throw the drone away if you get salt water in it. The salt crystals will form electrical bridges across the circuits. These bridges will cause all sorts of malfunctions.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I did have a drone get immersed in fresh water for about 3 minutes. It crashed just on the edge of a fresh water lake, so I was able to run to it and grab it. It was soaked inside and out. I immediately removed the battery and put a blow dryer on it for 24 hours, then I let it sit for 5 more days until I believed it was completely dry. After 6 days I put a fresh battery in and it took off without any issue. For the next year and half it flew without incident until i sold it.

You can save a drone if it gets freshwater infiltration, but if it's salt, you will have a brick. You might as well throw the drone away if you get salt water in it. The salt crystals will form electrical bridges across the circuits. These bridges will cause all sorts of malfunctions.
It's not only shorts you need to worry about with salt water, the salt water sets up 'battery cells' between the various metals and the lightweight metals in heat sinks and chip covers etc. just dissolve or turn to mush.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenBrodsky
Respectfully you might want to take up a different hobby. I've crashed once in three years and that was with a drone with no proximity sensing.

Reactions: okw
Respectfully you might want to take up a different hobby. I've crashed once in three years and that was with a drone with no proximity sensing.
I've flown DJI drones for 4 or 5 years. I used to fly up to 6 times daily when I first started. Now its about once a day. Because I flew as often as I did, it was inevitable, I would crash. I crashed approximately 12 times, maybe more. A few crashes were from me just dropping the thing from a few feet. Believe it or a few feet can cause enough damage, in which the drone can't fly or take the camera out of commission. Then I had 2 drops off a balcony and one, I forgot the drone was on the roof of my car. That didn't end well.

The other (aprox 10) crashes were simply from me doing something stupid or me just not paying attention enough. I used care refresh to get replacements on the 1st 8 crashes. Luckily I had the funds for this. Then I read about personal property insurance through car insurance companies. I signed up. I crashed twice since then. The replacements were free and I only pay 75 dollars per year for the insurance. I don't buy care refresh anymore. Don't need it.

Now, since I don't fly as much and I learned what I could get away with when flying and how much attention I need to give to my flights, I haven't crashed for 1.5 years. I plan to keep flying. Yes, I flew with a lackadaisical attitude in the past, and I was flying very often. That combination led to quite a few disasters. But I wouldn't tell anyone to quit just because they crash a lot. They will learn the do's and don'ts. And, if they can afford the crashes and pay for it, more power to them. KEEP FLYING, I SAY. If you can afford it, that is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas