DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm new here please help

Hummbird

Reactions
I'm about to buy a DJI mini 2 drone. I've never had one so im new at this. I have read everything i can about it and my question is, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy a20, i have been told it has both 2.4 and 5ghz, or does it even matter if it has it or not to run the mini 2 ? Can some one please tell me if it will work ok with the mini 2. It seems the more i read the more confussed i get . Please help me im fighting stage 4 jaw cancer and i thought this would be a nice hobby i can do to try to enjoy myself some. Thank you for helping,

Reactions: anotherlab
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I don't know anything about the Samsung A20 (I use iPhone), but I know that it is completely irrelevant to the drone what frequencies your phone has. Phone's freq. are used for its connections to a WiFi network, drone's freq. are used for its communication with a drone's controller. While the freq. bands look the same (hence the confusion), Mini'2 OcuSync2 is independent from your phone's WiFi. But Mini 2 is still susceptible to interferences from the strong/nearby WiFi networks - watch out for the signal interference, especially in urban environments, it might reduce your flight range.

All the best.

I thought i would post again as i have read on this great site and found out my Samsung Galaxy a20 will work fine with the mini 2. I wish i would have found this site sooner. Does the fly more bundle come with the cables i need or do i need to order anything else to make it work ?

With the Fly More Combo you'll get 3 cables for the controller: 1) with Lightning connector (for iPhone), 2) with Micro USB, 3) USB C, so you can connect it any phone you have.

Thanks tibzee for the info. i live out in the counrty and i will be flying it here a lot of the time as i dont hardly go anywhere do to my health, So i dont need any wifi for the mini 2 to work right then if i get you right, also what app do i download for the mini 2. thanks again

Yes, WiFi is not required at any stage of flying. When you have the Fly More C. + your phone it's all you need to start. You have to download DJI Fly app either from Play Store or (better way since they update the app faster) directly from a DJI's webpage.

Reactions: ckoerner
i was looking at these 2 drones but found the mini 2 and it sounds so much better do you guys know if im making the right choice buying the mini 2 instead of these.

DEERC DE22Pro GPS Drone​

Ruko F11Gim Drone​

i was looking at these 2 drones but found the mini 2 and it sounds so much better do you guys know if im making the right choice buying the mini 2 instead of these.

DEERC DE22Pro GPS Drone​

Ruko F11Gim Drone​

Without a doubt you are making the right choice ny buying the Mini 2. Its signal and range eclipse the other two drones you mention. It has a much better camera and flight stability as well.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

You can do a search on this forum for great info.

Plus watch as many vids as you can to get more info on the Mini 2.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here and you only have to ask the more experienced members here for help and advice and it will be forthcoming. Fly happy. Stay safe!

Hi Hummbird Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

welcome to the forum ,and your new hobby take care

I want to thank all you guys for the great help and being so nice and understanding im new to drones and dont know much but im learning slowly. I just thought of another question for you guys, can i use my Fire 10 HD Tablet 7th gen. with the mini 2. If i can would it be better than my galaxy a20 phone to use ? Also which tablet holder bracket is the best for it and will i have to buy a new longer cable ? thanks again you are all a great help to me. :)

I'd strongly recommend you using the DJI ' free' simulator first..

I had a trial of a Breeze 4K and tried to walk before i could crawl... i lost it over my garden fence.. It took me 30 secs to run through the house and round to the road expecting some 12 ton truck to have run over it and sweep up the bits.. (I know you're all laughing about it now)

and there it was smack in the middle of the road and as I was running swiftly towards it... a very large Mercedes wafted passed me heading straight for it.. it made no effort to alter it path or dodge it and the wheels just skimmed it by almost impossible margins as it passed over 'unconcerned' !!!! The two blade guards were also lying there next to it and escaped. I picked it all up with real embarrassment and walked back to the house.

I can see now why many YT videos (since then) warn newbies about getting to know the controls first... I checked the specification of the various model in my budget but not how to fly the **** thing!!!

I'm returning the Breeze for a few reasons (although the quality of photo and video amazed me and i am a photographer) and getting a Mini 2 specifically for the Ocusync and flight range/duration.

I am determined to resist the urge to fly the Mini when i get it, until I have spent some time getting some simulation time in, first..

All the best with it

thanks for the info but i dont understand what you mean by using the DJI ' free' simulator first... is that something to download to my phone and play with before i try to fly the real mini or what ?

There is a DJI simulator application (on PC/Windows) BUT as far as I know you cannot use it with Mini 2 controller, so forget it. I started to play with Mini2 indoors (it was really cold outside) in Cine mode (always start drone in Normal mode, and then switch to Cine - there is a bug in software, starting in Cine mode won't work) and I tried to carefully fly around my home. Just keep it away from the walls and ceiling (the air flow may suck the drone to the ceilling :cool:). But if your weather is fine and you have nice place for first trainings (the further from other people and trees the better) start the drone outdoors and fly slowly. It's like a first driving lesson. Before you fly further than 10-20m/ft you should practice for a while. And read the manual a couple of times, it's of paramount importance. There is no time to think about many things while flying, you just have to know them already.

All the best.

Hi.. it is a free to use simulator for DJI drones..

You can use your own controller to operate the simulation of your drone through a Windows PC.

Go on YT and just type DJI simulator.. there are loads tutorials of them like this one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452