DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not sure if I am in the right area but a YouTube question

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I have recently upgraded my PC and I know have a Rippin' fast computer that can play and edit 4K video. So I posted on YouTube and while playing, if you ri8ght click the screen a menu pops up and the bottom item is "Stats for Nerds". Look at the attached Screenshot and note the line regarding resolution. I checked outScreen capture.JPGlot of videos claiming to be 4K and they were not. The 2560x1440@30fps is why my video show but it is actually 3840x2160. Help me out here, please.Screen capture.JPGa

I have recently upgraded my PC and I know have a Rippin' fast computer that can play and edit 4K video. So I posted on YouTube and while playing, if you ri8ght click the screen a menu pops up and the bottom item is "Stats for Nerds". Look at the attached Screenshot and note the line regarding resolution. I checked outView attachment 105529lot of videos claiming to be 4K and they were not. The 2560x1440@30fps is why my video show but it is actually 3840x2160. Help me out here, please.View attachment 105529a
I believe YooToob automatically reduces the resolution.

You probably did something wrong.. here is a screenshot of one of mine 3840X2160 videos

Attachments

• 0223.jpg
    0223.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 21
When you upload, youtube starts off at low res. Then, over time, the higher res versions will appear upto UHD. Click the cog wheel at the bottom right of your YT vide to see all the versions available.

Hope that helps ;-)

YouTube re-encodes anything you upload to them. They make multiple copies at different resolutions and bit rates. The YouTube server chooses to stream the one that it thinks will work best with the network providing the stream to your PC. This reduces or eliminates the “buffering” message and frozen stream problems at the expense of lower video quality.

The user has no control over this. I use VIMEO as it does a much better job with this problem.

I have recently upgraded my PC and I know have a Rippin' fast computer that can play and edit 4K video. So I posted on YouTube and while playing, if you ri8ght click the screen a menu pops up and the bottom item is "Stats for Nerds". Look at the attached Screenshot and note the line regarding resolution. I checked outView attachment 105529lot of videos claiming to be 4K and they were not. The 2560x1440@30fps is why my video show but it is actually 3840x2160. Help me out here, please.View attachment 105529a

I find VIMEO a better interface for me. They have a free version which limits your upload capacity but at the rate I am producing a video, I usually didn't go over that limit. After about a year, I finally learned video editing (Premiere) and started to exceed my capacity so I purchased the cheeped annual version. I get better quality, and great statistics of my viewing history. I still upload to You Tube as well. Soon after you upload the video looks like crap. Over a period of time (by the next day) the resolution is better. The cog icon can also allow you to select the highest resolution.

I find VIMEO a better interface for me. They have a free version which limits your upload capacity but at the rate I am producing a video, I usually didn't go over that limit. After about a year, I finally learned video editing (Premiere) and started to exceed my capacity so I purchased the cheeped annual version. I get better quality, and great statistics of my viewing history. I still upload to You Tube as well. Soon after you upload the video looks like crap. Over a period of time (by the next day) the resolution is better. The cog icon can also allow you to select the highest resolution.
Thanks for the tip about the Cog Icon. I went to another site that was going to play less than 4K, but I changed it using the Cog. Oh, and BTW, my video played at true 4K resolution tonight. Thanks all for your thoughts.

Reactions: Camino Ken
I probably did. The question is, WHAT?

If after a couple of hours the resolusion is still 2560x1440 then check properties of the file you uploaded.. it probably is indeed 2560x1440 and not 3840x2160.

If after a couple of hours the resolusion is still 2560x1440 then check properties of the file you uploaded.. it probably is indeed 2560x1440 and not 3840x2160.
Time has cured the problem. It was a lack of understanding by me, of how it all works.

Reactions: Tasos GR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore