DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image wrong focus (?)

But then I equally don’t want to have my Mavic exchanged with someone else’s so it’s like I’m stuck in the middle of deciding what to do next. Can you give us an update once your Mavic is back from the hospital and let us know whether the fix worked and if the pics aren’t blurry anymore?

But then I equally don’t want to have my Mavic exchanged with someone else’s so it’s like I’m stuck in the middle of deciding what to do next. Can you give us an update once your Mavic is back from the hospital and let us know whether the fix worked and if the pics aren’t blurry anymore?

I will :)

@mildim, any updates on this?

I unfortunately crashed my drone two weeks ago in Switzerland and now DJI quoted either €103 repair fee or €99 replacement (through my DJI Care plan).

What would you do guys? On the one hand, keeping my Care package untouched and getting back my own drone, repaired, is a good thing as I can be certain there’s nothing else wrong with it.

Opting for a replacement, I might get a new drone or a refurb, which might have other issues, but maybe the camera is better in terms of focusing the entire frame.

Any advice? What would you do if you were me?

Hi mildim,

I am not sure about that; the e-mail reads "If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Payment Links". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be € 103.72 (VAT excluded) according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation."

Assuming they will send a refurb in either case, why would they even quote the repair fee, especially since it's higher than the replacement fee under Refresh?

May I ask when was your original Mavic manufactured? Mine was on 19April2017, I am just hoping that newer models don't have this camera issue, so if I get a newer I will be fine. I'd love to have one like yours in this respect ;)

Anyhow, I am tempted to just replace it since my Refresh plan expires in June and I am not planning to crash again until then (and even if I do, I will have one more Refesh left).

Hi @mikeGR , i had a look at the old serial number and the buld date was 2 Feb 2017.

The new one is 7 April 2017.

Hope this helps,
Dimitris

Thanks @mildim. Tbh I was hoping your new one would be newer than my crashed one, so I could assume that they fixed the partial blurry lens issue after some point.

In any case, I ordered my replacement and I now wait with fingers crossed to get a good unit.

Thanks again.

I still think that if I tapped somewhere specific on the screen I would get it to focus around that area rather than the whole frame. The only difference from pressing C1 would be that the focus is now centred elsewhere rather than the middle of the frame. Isn't it?
I was taught to get maximum depth of field that you focused 1 third the way into the scean

Reactions: BossBob
So here's an update, and I need your views. The replacement aircraft arrived but as you can see below there is a problem. During shipping, something must have happened and the Gimbal Cover is broken.

I e-mailed DJI Support asking them to take back the whole aircraft and make sure there is no internal damage to the gimbal itself, since the gimbal was unprotected during transport (gimbal clamp was also removed upon arrival as you can see in the second pic).

DJI support is playing dumb, saying they will ship a new Gimbal Cover, ignoring my request to pick up the aircraft and make sure it's ok. I haven't turned it on and I am not planning to, just in case I get accused that I damaged it.

What should I do? Do you think I am worrying too much and I should rather fly and see what happens?

Cheers
drone2.jpg
Drone1.jpg

So here's an update, and I need your views. The replacement aircraft arrived but as you can see below there is a problem. During shipping, something must have happened and the Gimbal Cover is broken.

I e-mailed DJI Support asking them to take back the whole aircraft and make sure there is no internal damage to the gimbal itself, since the gimbal was unprotected during transport (gimbal clamp was also removed upon arrival as you can see in the second pic).

DJI support is playing dumb, saying they will ship a new Gimbal Cover, ignoring my request to pick up the aircraft and make sure it's ok. I haven't turned it on and I am not planning to, just in case I get accused that I damaged it.

What should I do? Do you think I am worrying too much and I should rather fly and see what happens?

Cheers
View attachment 29604
View attachment 29605
That's rough, Id be thinking same as you are.

I'd probably turn it on and see if any damage.

You've contacted them straight away so don't think they'd be able to blame you.

Yes it does, I had very good luck with chatting with a tech. It only took a few minutes and I had a shipping label in my inbox via email.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat