Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Impatient RANT

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
Im so impatient. What is taking UPS so long to deliver my new Mavic 3?? lol Best Buy had NO problem over nighting the sim card and Amazon over nighted the Charging hub and my email says that the Mavic 3 and extra battery are "out for delivery." Its now 430pm and obviously I wont have this thing set up in time to fly tonight unless it literally shows up this sec. grr...

I sprung out of bed this morning and haven't left the house since apparently I have to sign for the Mavic 3 even though I didn't request that. Yes, the UPS updates still say its out for delivery but why is that EVERYTIME Im super excited about a package it always seems to show up as late as possible?

I know Im being silly but I just wanted to complain about nothing. Guess Ill pull the top off a beer, now... grr..

Cheers bud, it will be there soon. Always tomorrow to get things sorted.
🍻
I know, I know.. But Im just sitting here all ready to go..I cant turn a channel on the TV without seeing car commercials with obvious drone footage and tvshows like Ancient Aliens where awesome arial shots of ancient monolithic sites around the world are slapping me right in the face.. This drone footage is everywhere... Its EVERYWHERE. I cant take the irony any longer.
Please UPS, I beg of you..

Reactions: PeterPatrick
All good things come to all who wait. ;)

It's HERE! thank you, shipping gods! Im getti
All good things come to all who wait. ;)
IT'S HERE!!!!!! omg Im so excited! Unboxing happening this second!
Thanks everyone for listening to my nonsense.. Im so stoked! Im setting her up NOW. :) :)

Ok, I have my 2 batteries charging in the hub and just pulled the UAV out the box...

This thing is HUGE. Good lord. Its bigger than my Mavic Pro was years ago and dwarfs my Mini 2. I mean, I've seen all the videos and studied everything I could feast my eyes on but I was just NOT prepared for its real life size and weight in my hands right in front of me. I'm shocked at how monstrous this guy is. Build quality appears to be that of a TANK out the box..

Its my PRECIOUS. lol

Ok, I have my 2 batteries charging in the hub and just pulled the UAV out the box...

This thing is HUGE. Good lord. Its bigger than my Mavic Pro was years ago and dwarfs my Mini 2. I mean, I've seen all the videos and studied everything I could feast my eyes on but I was just NOT prepared for its real life size and weight in my hands right in front of me. I'm shocked at how monstrous this guy is. Build quality appears to be that of a TANK out the box..

Its my PRECIOUS. lol
Be sure to update every thing on that bad boy! Very important you do that before you fly!Thumbswayup Also remember you did not have to register your Mini 2. The M3 will have to be registered with the FAA, so get that done if you haven’t already.

Its my PRECIOUS. lol
Now, just don't crash it lol.

Be sure to update every thing on that bad boy! Very important you do that before you fly!Thumbswayup Also remember you did not have to register your Mini 2. The M3 will have to be registered with the FAA, so get that done if you have not already.
Absolutely! I think I was just intoxicated over the beauty of this thing the last 1/2 hour but you are RIGHT! I have some things to do right now while the batteries charge up. Namely, register it right now.

So, As much as I love gabbing with you gals, I need to break away for a bit and take care of a couple things. Thank you, Drone Master, for waking me up out of my coma. ;)

Reactions: Drone Master
I think I'm ready to fly! Hallelujah!

I received the Mavic 3 at exactly 6:50 pm est (after an ALL-DAY frustration filled and aggravating, nail biting day literally sitting at the door to "sign" for delivery) and now, after maybe about 30 or 40 minuets of just GAZING and FONDLING the beast, I woke up and had it registered with the FAA, both batteries charged, all firmware and software updates are applied, +1. NO ISSUES.

Also, my Arc V showed up, as well. Not even sure if I want to stick that thing on my new drone or not. I know its arguably the brightest strobe but I cant figure out where, or even IF, I want to apply it. Suggestions? I don't expect to do a TON of night flying but more daybreak and sunset jaunts. I'm under the impression that the Arc v will show during the day, (as long as its not a cloudless mid day summer sun).

I am just so floored by the size and weight of this thing. The PROPS are nearly as long as my entire Mini 2. Are you SURE it can get airborne?? lol It BETTER be registered and I BETTER be aware of the laws because this thing could definitely KILL someone falling from 200'. Im certain the Myans used lighter rocks to stone you to death.

I have the next two days (before that "work thing" starts all over again) to really explore the scope of the drone's capabilities. I couldn't be more excited about this new addition to my life. Now I just need to think of a name...

Thanks again for allowing me to post this thread which has zero informative information which in turn exposes my inability to have any patience whatsoever. :)

I think I'm ready to fly! Hallelujah!

I received the Mavic 3 at exactly 6:50 pm est (after an ALL-DAY frustration filled and aggravating, nail biting day literally sitting at the door to "sign" for delivery) and now, after maybe about 30 or 40 minuets of just GAZING and FONDLING the beast, I woke up and had it registered with the FAA, both batteries charged, all firmware and software updates are applied, +1. NO ISSUES.

Also, my Arc V showed up, as well. Not even sure if I want to stick that thing on my new drone or not. I know its arguably the brightest strobe but I cant figure out where, or even IF, I want to apply it. Suggestions? I don't expect to do a TON of night flying but more daybreak and sunset jaunts. I'm under the impression that the Arc v will show during the day, (as long as its not a cloudless mid day summer sun).

I am just so floored by the size and weight of this thing. The PROPS are nearly as long as my entire Mini 2. Are you SURE it can get airborne?? lol It BETTER be registered and I BETTER be aware of the laws because this thing could definitely KILL someone falling from 200'. Im certain the Myans used lighter rocks to stone you to death.

I have the next two days (before that "work thing" starts all over again) to really explore the scope of the drone's capabilities. I couldn't be more excited about this new addition to my life. Now I just need to think of a name...

Thanks again for allowing me to post this thread which has zero informative information which in turn exposes my inability to have any patience whatsoever. :)
You will be fine. Enjoy Your Bird! Come back to the forum for answers if needed. Lots of M3 Pilots on here.
Just be sure to post in the appropriate category Mavic Mini 3 Pro General Discussions Or Help. 😉 Thumbswayup

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
The Mav3 does feel big and loud at first but you’ll get used to it as you use it more. I remember when I first launched it, was like dayumm thing is massive and loud. Now got used to it and thus feels normal.

Last edited:
Drinking beer, watching Ancient Aliens, cracking up about your delivery being late....

We are definitely on the same page!

• Haha
It's HERE! thank you, shipping gods! Im getti

IT'S HERE!!!!!! omg Im so excited! Unboxing happening this second!
Thanks everyone for listening to my nonsense.. Im so stoked! Im setting her up NOW. :) :)
Good for you.....more than about anything else, use a little altitude when flying the thing!

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190