DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Reactions
Hello everyone! Hoping someone can help me out here!

So the other day my girlfriend was moving things around on the kitchen table and she knocked my Mavic 2 Pro (in its hard shell case and strapped in gimbal cover on) off of the table. I immediately picked it up and went to check if it was okay. I get IMU Error please calibrate. I’ve tried to recalibrate it about 20 times since then and still get the same error. It says that there is “data error” from ACC0. What do I do? How do I fix my baby and my only source of income right now? I’ll try to do some logging with the assistant and see if there’s anyway that I can get more information.

I think it’s from the impact it fell about 4 ft onto a hard wood floor. Could something be stuck inside of the IMU? It was in the case though so I’m curious as to how it could be messed up like this from that?

Any metal near it will screw up calibration!

I think it’s from the impact it fell about 4 ft onto a hard wood floor. Could something be stuck inside of the IMU? It was in the case though so I’m curious as to how it could be messed up like this from that? It was a few days after they just released a firmware update. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it? When I plug in my mavic 2 pro to my DJI assistant 2 it says the firmware is “internal” instead of “official”. Should I downgrade to the “official” firmware update?

Hello everyone! Hoping someone can help me out here!

So the other day my girlfriend was moving things around on the kitchen table and she knocked my Mavic 2 Pro (in its hard shell case and strapped in gimbal cover on) off of the table. I immediately picked it up and went to check if it was okay. I get IMU Error please calibrate. I’ve tried to recalibrate it about 20 times since then and still get the same error. It says that there is “data error” from ACC0. What do I do? How do I fix my baby and my only source of income right now? I’ll try to do some logging with the assistant and see if there’s anyway that I can get more information.
With a hard impact, it doesn't really matter that you had it in the hard shell case. The accelerometer in the IMU is sensitive and if it gets a severe deceleration (as in the case hitting the ground), it could get stuck. There is no amount of IMU calibration that will help you in this case.

It may loosen itself up at some point, but most likely you will need to replace the IMU.

Reactions: Rando Galbraith
Any metal near it will screw up calibration!
Metal has no effect on IMU calibration, so it won't matter if there is metal around. Metal only affects compass calibration.

With a hard impact, it doesn't really matter that you had it in the hard shell case. The accelerometer in the IMU is sensitive and if it gets a severe deceleration (as in the case hitting the ground), it could get stuck. There is no amount of IMU calibration that will help you in this case.

It may loosen itself up at some point, but most likely you will need to replace the IMU.

So should I try to reinact the same force in the opposite way that it hit the ground to get it unstuck? Where can I buy a IMU for the M2P? It’s says DATA ERROR for the ACC0 sensor.

So should I try to reinact the same force in the opposite way that it hit the ground to get it unstuck? Where can I buy a IMU for the M2P?
Many have tried (and suggested) that approach with stuck accelerometer issues in the past. I personally don't think it is a wise decision as you could damage other components. I had one bad accelerometer on a P4 and I just replaced the IMU. Good as new after the part was replaced.

Do a search for the part as I am sure it is available from many sources. It should only be around $40. However, i would recommend buying it from a reputable source and NEW only (not one pulled from a wreck). Try authorized DJI repair shops like DJI Drone Service, who is a sponsor on this site.

Many have tried (and suggested) that approach with stuck accelerometer issues in the past. I personally don't think it is a wise decision as you could damage other components. I had one bad accelerometer on a P4 and I just replaced the IMU. Good as new after the part was replaced.

Do a search for the part as I am sure it is available from many sources. It should only be around $40. However, i would recommend buying it from a reputable source and NEW only (not one pulled from a wreck). Try authorized DJI repair shops like DJI Drone Service, who is a sponsor on this site.

I’ve been searching and searching. What should I be searching to find the part. Is the IMU a part of something? There are no repair shops near me here in Michigan that I can find. Could you send me a link to what I need to buy?

Edit: Would you recommend me buying this?

e2342dc32dddc3ee22e8143e402c3626.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been searching and searching. What should I be searching to find the part. Is the IMU a part of something? There are no repair shops near me here in Michigan that I can find. Could you send me a link to what I need to buy?

Edit: Would you recommend me buying this?
That looks EXACTLY like the correct part. However it is not from a DJI authorized shop. If buying from Amazon I would only go with an item that is sold and shipped by Amazon so you have easy recourse if it doesn't work. With the lead time on that part I would think it is shipping from China on a very slow boat.

Try DJI Drone Service in NJ or DroneNerds in FL. Doesn't matter that you are in MI since you only need them to ship the part to you.

It could also be a dislodged connector to the sensor package.

Reactions: sar104
Agreed, most likely. The sensors inthe IMU are very robust.

Most of the actual electronics are robust. But, for example, I dropped an InReach Explorer onto a tiled floor from just 3 ft recently. It powered up fine, but had no communication with the Iridium chip. When I opened it up it turned out that there was enough flexibility in the chip mount that its surface mount connection had pulled off the board. Toast.

Most of the actual electronics are robust. But, for example, I dropped an InReach Explorer onto a tiled floor from just 3 ft recently. It powered up fine, but had no communication with the Iridium chip. When I opened it up it turned out that there was enough flexibility in the chip mount that its surface mount connection had pulled off the board. Toast.

Talking of toast, I could have helped you out there! I turned a Breville Oven/Toaster into a reflow oven. Works a dream and fixed my old HP Workstation’s GPU that used to lift from the board as soon as it got hot.

Talking of toast, I could have helped you out there! I turned a Breville Oven/Toaster into a reflow oven. Works a dream and fixed my old HP Workstation’s GPU that used to lift from the board as soon as it got hot.

Thanks. Actually we have reflow capabilities and I plan to attempt the repair to keep it as a backup unit. It's worth a shot.

So should I try to reinact the same force in the opposite way that it hit the ground to get it unstuck? Where can I buy a IMU for the M2P? It’s says DATA ERROR for the ACC0 sensor.
Its has helped in the past give a whack can't hurt.

¡Hola a todos! ¡Esperando que alguien pueda ayudarme aquí!

Así que el otro día mi novia estaba moviendo cosas en la mesa de la cocina y golpeó mi Mavic 2 Pro (en su estuche de carcasa dura y atado con una cubierta de cardán) de la mesa. Inmediatamente lo recogí y fui a verificar si estaba bien. Recibo el error de IMU, por favor calibre. He intentado recalibrarlo unas 20 veces desde entonces y todavía obtengo el mismo error. Dice que hay un "error de datos" de ACC0. ¿Qué hago? ¿Cómo puedo arreglar a mi bebé y mi única fuente de ingresos en este momento? Intentaré hacer un poco de registro con el asistente y ver si de todos modos puedo obtener más inf

hola tengo el mismo problema ... i got te sam problem imu sais error whit adroid actually i use iphone and send error data but flyes like a champ mavic pro 2 have 2 imus acc0 and acc1 secondary imu iphone detecs error data but flyes wiht no problem android suscks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty