DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incident with angry neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelmark75

Reactions
I've owned my Mavic for about 1 week now and I love flying it every chance I get. Yesterday, I was playing with settings in order to avoid the CPU overload error, and flying in front of my house. (btw, Airplane Mode and brightness just below full bright resulted in no CPU errors).

So i'm flying, and my neighbor comes out and asks me what I am doing. I said, flying the drone, and pointed to it. The neighbor says oh cool, those things are awesome. About this time, the crazy tweaker lady from across the street comes on her porch and starts screaming some unintelligible words. I ask my other neighbor, was that for me? He responds, i'm not sure.

My two small daughters came out side to watch the drone (ages 4 & 5) and the lady across the street comes out again, screaming, and on my side of the sidewalk. She starts screaming stop flying the drone above my house (which i wasn't), and kept going on and on. I screamed back at her, **** you, i'm within the law, and don't you bring your crazy ******* *** over here again acting like this in front of my house. I went full Sicilian yelling and screaming at her and she ran back into her house.

10 minutes later, my door gets a knock and I go outside and its crazy broad on my porch. She seems to be calmer, and tells me she goes in her backyard naked and does drugs, and that is why she doesn't want me flying over her house. I told her for the 5th time, i wasn't flying over her house and I have no desire to see her naked or doing drugs. She was obviously very intoxicated. I told her next time she had an issue with me, to come over and talk to me in a calm manner and we would work it out. She told me she thought i was awesome and offered to come back over with some drinks sometime. She tried to hug me but i just shook her hand and smdh. Anyways, long story short, people are nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned my Mavic for about 1 week now and I love flying it every chance I get. Yesterday, I was playing with settings in order to avoid the CPU overload error, and flying in front of my house. (btw, Airplane Mode and brightness just below full bright resulted in no CPU errors).

So i'm flying, and my neighbor comes out and asks me what I am doing. I said, flying the drone, and pointed to it. The neighbor says oh cool, those things are awesome. About this time, the crazy tweaker lady from across the street comes on her porch and starts screaming some unintelligible words. I ask my other neighbor, was that for me? He responds, i'm not sure.

My two small daughters came out side to watch the drone (ages 4 & 5) and the lady across the street comes out again, screaming, and on my side of the sidewalk. She starts screaming stop flying the drone above my house (which i wasn't), and kept going on and on. I screamed back at her, **** you, i'm within the law, and don't you bring your crazy ******* *** over here again acting like this in front of my house. I went full Sicilian yelling and screaming at her and she ran back into her house.

10 minutes later, my door gets a knock and I go outside and its crazy broad on my porch. She seems to be calmer, and tells me she goes in her backyard naked and does drugs, and that is why she doesn't want me flying over her house. I told her for the 5th time, i wasn't flying over her house and I have no desire to see her naked or doing drugs. She was obviously very intoxicated. I told her next time she had an issue with me, to come over and talk to me in a calm manner and we would work it out. She told me she thought i was awesome and offered to come back over with some drinks sometime. She tried to hug me but i just shook her hand and smdh. Anyways, long story short, people are nuts.
Not all people are nuts, but this lady sounds like she is. People like that are unpredictable; especially when under the influence. You have small children at home. Be careful and document any and all incidents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rcookie
shocking that she was using that kind of language in front of your kids "**** you" and "crazy ***** ***"...
I'd be reporting her.

LoL about story and comments! I have to agree with my fellows above, she probably wants you naked on that same backyard
ff968aafbf1d5bfb63596a02d18f80d1.jpg

Reactions: RAFALE
better watch or DJI will be geo-fencing your street as a no-fly drugs zone.

Maybe instead of buying drones you should move to a better neighborhood for your kids sake...:

We just moved to this neighborhood. It is a very nice and upscale town. Unfortunately in CA, druggies are everywhere.

Keep your AC away from her. Seeing her in her birthday suit could cause such trauma to the Mavic, it may crash itself or fly away.. never to be seen again!

Hahaha hilarious! :D so... when are you going to have a drink with her? :D

I "trained" my MAVIC to stay away from junkies LOL
Crazy neighbor you got btw :eek:

Reactions: TerryJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members