DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increasing the visibility

TedShred

Reactions
Are brightly colored wraps helpful for VLOS?
The stock grey just disappears so fast from my old eyes. [emoji102]

Couldn't hurt. Orange colored Master Airscrew props also help. They both will also help to find it in the trees or the weeds, should that unfortunate need arise.

Couldn't hurt. Orange colored Master Airscrew props also help. They both will also help to find it in the trees or the weeds, should that unfortunate need arise.
I wouldn't recommend using anything other than dji props. Just saying.

Add a stobe if vlos is what you want...

Are brightly colored wraps helpful for VLOS?
The stock grey just disappears so fast from my old eyes. [emoji102]
Not as much as I had hoped. I have a bright orange with flames wrap and it only helps a little. My MAS orange props help a little, too, but Firehouse Arc strobes are the best way to improve visibility. The quad LED Arcs are much brighter than other designs and help a fair bit even in full daylight.

Reactions: Thomas B
I use the Firehouse (4 strobe type) lights in daytime. Clear/white is by far the best and I can see them fairly easy to about 3000' out depending on the conditions. After that once you look down at the screen it's a bit difficult to re-find your quad w/o visual aid. Got white front and back. Adverted vision helps to find it once it's lost. I do keep red/green on the sides but those colors fade at distance. In darker light you can see the color but it's dusk where they really stand out. One thing to mention is being able to find a downed aircraft. Even skins help in recovery provide they're a bright color that stands out to the local terrain.

Reactions: TedShred
Hi, Thomas B,
How far away can you see your Mavic with the ARC2's, in daylight?
Hi back atcha!
The ARC2s on the bird are pretty easily seen at 2.5 miles in the bright AZ sun. Dawn and dusk add another mile or so.
I use the Aerial Pixel mounts as I trust them to hold on in a crash.
I need to get to the M2P, but it will be wrapped like my other birds in fluorescent yellow or orange, again for visibility in the pine forests where I do most of my flying. I prefer Wrapgrade skins due to better coverage, but they are more expensive than the other brands. You’ll see most on Amazon, but for custom skins you should email Ririko at the factory in China.
Fly on!

Can you post mounting pictures and a link to purchase?
I really need to do something.
Hi back atcha!
The ARC2s on the bird are pretty easily seen at 2.5 miles in the bright AZ sun. Dawn and dusk add another mile or so.
I use the Aerial Pixel mounts as I trust them to hold on in a crash.
I need to get to the M2P, but it will be wrapped like my other birds in fluorescent yellow or orange, again for visibility in the pine forests where I do most of my flying. I prefer Wrapgrade skins due to better coverage, but they are more expensive than the other brands. You’ll see most on Amazon, but for custom skins you should email Ririko at the factory in China.
Fly on!

I also use ArcII’s for better VLOS too, buy them direct from Firehouse Technology -they have awesome customer service, too. I used to keep one front and back, but VLOS will disappear if you turn sideways, so I bought 3 and am going to be putting them together in a triangle to put on top with velcro as a 360-degree beacon.

https://www.firehousetechnology.com/

I also put reflector tape on all sides of my drone so I can find it with a spotlight if needed.

Reactions: TedShred
Reactions: ifly2high
I also use ArcII’s for better VLOS too, buy them direct from Firehouse Technology -they have awesome customer service, too. I used to keep one front and back, but VLOS will disappear if you turn sideways, so I bought 3 and am going to be putting them together in a triangle to put on top with velcro as a 360-degree beacon.

https://www.firehousetechnology.com/

I also put reflector tape on all sides of my drone so I can find it with a spotlight if needed.
When at altitude how are they visible if they are on top?

When at altitude how are they visible if they are on top?

They will stick up high enough above the edges- mounting them vertically. I know it will look dopey, but I mix plads and stripes too. ;)

There’s just not enough room to put them on the four sides of the M2P, especially with color ones there, otherwise.

I'd love to see that mount.
They will stick up high enough above the edges- mounting them vertically. I know it will look dopey, but I mix plads and stripes too. ;)

There’s just not enough room to put them on the four sides of the M2P, especially with color ones there, otherwise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688