DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed Litchi

WWK888

Reactions
I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to download Litchi. The only bummer is I had to pay for it again since I did not have the android version. Beginning to really like this SC!

Ok now I realize it does not work, should have done my homework. Hopefully it will work in future.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to download Litchi. The only bummer is I had to pay for it again since I did not have the android version. Beginning to really like this SC!

Ok now I realize it does not work, should have done my homework. Hopefully it will work in future.

Thats Great! Can you walk me thru what you did? I'm a Mac guy and I don't want to screw anything up on the SC

I got it installed but it does not connect at this point. Upon further checking DJI says they are not compatible yet with the SC. Maybe in the future.

Reactions: Former Member
I might have to get a used stock RC

Reactions: Former Member
It is good idea
And also Mavic2 now support
Dual controller
So you can have linked SC and regular one
Use SC for regular flying with GO4
And regular using for Litchi

Thats Great! Can you walk me thru what you did? I'm a Mac guy and I don't want to screw anything up on the SC
Yeah, I bought Litchi for my Mavic Air via Amazon so I could load it on my SC for Mavic 2.... Same sad story. I hope it works soon cuz it's better than DJI Waypoints 2. Also I'd like to just use one platform.

Yeah, I bought Litchi for my Mavic Air via Amazon so I could load it on my SC for Mavic 2.... Same sad story. I hope it works soon cuz it's better than DJI Waypoints 2. Also I'd like to just use one platform.

That sucks, I've been using Litichi since day one on my Phantom and Mavic. I bought the new Mavic 2 Pro and decided to get the smart controller package. Love the smart controller, I hope DJI does what ever is needed ASAP. If they don't I'll need to get a used remote

Being a relatively new drone pilot, this conversation string about Litchi caught my attention. I’ve been curious about the Litchi software for quite some time. But I hesitate to start using Litchi for my MPP on the chance I crash the drone and need to rely on the flight record to send to DJI if the crash turns out to be hardware or software related. My MPP is still under warranty and I have DJI’s Care Refresh Program. As I understand, DJI will only accept a flight record from their own DJI GO 4 software. I suspect the Litchi software program is better than DJI GO 4 on several levels. Where does everyone on this post stand using Litchi given the resistance from DJI where it concerns accepting the flight record in a crash scenario?

Being a relatively new drone pilot, this conversation string about Litchi caught my attention. I’ve been curious about the Litchi software for quite some time. But I hesitate to start using Litchi for my MPP on the chance I crash the drone and need to rely on the flight record to send to DJI if the crash turns out to be hardware or software related. My MPP is still under warranty and I have DJI’s Care Refresh Program. As I understand, DJI will only accept a flight record from their own DJI GO 4 software. I suspect the Litchi software program is better than DJI GO 4 on several levels. Where does everyone on this post stand using Litchi given the resistance from DJI where it concerns accepting the flight record in a crash scenario?

DJI will only cover a crash if it is determined that the crash was due to a manufacturing defect. That is an extremely low percentage of crashes and flyaways, almost all are due to operator error. I would say manufacturers defects account for less than 1% of all crashes. How would I know? Thousands of repairs done, and only a handful that were due to what the pilot considered mfg defects.

For one, nobody should be flying without some type of hull insurance on their drone. State Farm PAP is the best coverage, DJI Refresh is acceptable if you cant get State Farm, but Refresh is more expensive and has its limitations.

Have you tried this? I think it has always been able to link to multiple Mavic 2 models, but not any other drone.

Hi Thunderdrones

Yes it is still only work with Mavic Series
What I mean, I have Mavic 2 Pro and zoom
Before I need link SC to drone every time
When you switch them
After update you do not need do this anymore
You will link just ones to each Mavic and after that SC will automatically start with any linked before drones

I own the Crystal sky Ultra Bright, and MP2. I have being using the Crystal Sky Ultra Bright since I have own the MP2. I am using the Litchi app and the DJI Go App. I bounce between both apps, when ever I want too, depending on what I am doing.

both apps works fine. I have not had any issues. I love both of them.
You have to install all of the updates and firmware, for the drone and application

and yes it does void your warranty, especially if you report it to DJI, if you was using the Litchi app, prior to any accidents or crashes.

Smart Controller only used the DJI software (sad)

Last edited:
Reactions: FASTFJR

I paid for IOS a while ago and didn’t want to pay again for Android version yet. I’m glad I read this post first. I would’ve paid for something that doesn’t work yet [emoji35]

Reactions: WWK888
Glad you learned and benefitted from my mistake. I honestly think DJI will allow Litchi in the future.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229