DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intentional Parachute Deployment - Smart Controller Demo - Monday - Fort Myers

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We had been posting in a few of the parachute related threads over on Phantom Pilots about intentionally deploying a Phantom parachute and are now confirmed for this to happen on Monday (February 4th) in Fort Myers. We will install the parachute, send up to 300+ feet and turn the aircraft off and test the deployment of the chute as well as the impact it has when it hits the ground.

We are posting here on MavicPilots as well because there will be a similar parachute available for the Mavic line soon.

We have invited anyone willing to make the drive to join us at our large and wide open testing facility near Fort Myers.

We will also be happy to bring over anything else anyone wants to get their hands on and test fly - especially some of the newer Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Enterprise aircrafts (as well as the Smart Controller).

If you are interested in witnessing the parachute tests or have anything in particular you would like us to bring for you to test fly, just let us know. Send us a message here or to the email below and we will get you the address and info you need to get into the facility.

Thanks - and we will be reporting the results here after the test...good, bad or indifferent. We did the same thing with a Matrice 200. We put it up in the air (200-300 feet) and turned it off to test the parachute system.

If you are not familiar with the parachute system we are going to be testing, here is a link to them:
Parachutes

Hope to see you there!

Reactions: Gary Rowe and JDawg
We had been posting in a few of the parachute related threads over on Phantom Pilots about intentionally deploying a Phantom parachute and are now confirmed for this to happen on Monday (February 4th) in Fort Myers. We will install the parachute, send up to 300+ feet and turn the aircraft off and test the deployment of the chute as well as the impact it has when it hits the ground.

We are posting here on MavicPilots as well because there will be a similar parachute available for the Mavic line soon.

We have invited anyone willing to make the drive to join us at our large and wide open testing facility near Fort Myers.

We will also be happy to bring over anything else anyone wants to get their hands on and test fly - especially some of the newer Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Enterprise aircrafts (as well as the Smart Controller).

If you are interested in witnessing the parachute tests or have anything in particular you would like us to bring for you to test fly, just let us know. Send us a message here or to the email below and we will get you the address and info you need to get into the facility.

Thanks - and we will be reporting the results here after the test...good, bad or indifferent. We did the same thing with a Matrice 200. We put it up in the air (200-300 feet) and turned it off to test the parachute system.

If you are not familiar with the parachute system we are going to be testing, here is a link to them:
Parachutes

Hope to see you there!

Will you be posting a video of the test here?

Reactions: Jovito
Hi just joined. I missed your parachute display. I am a newbie. Just bought a used Mavic Pro. Looking for a nice area here in Fort Myers to learn and practice flying my drone without getting hassled. I live in North Fort Myers. Open to suggestions.
Starting to get hassled by the Condo Police in the Condo that I own a unit in.
I am registered FAA as hobbyist and am doing what I believe is correct under the guide lines.
Will try to stop by your store.

One of the issue that has come forward on the Chutes is the Drift Problem , we have found this to be the single biggest flaw .
Wind is always a factor , one minute you flying over the River and the next your drone is drifting into the highway , that loss of control is
scary for us. It will interesting to see how much the Mavic Chute Weighs as the Mavic does not Negotiate weight well and most likely will prone
to drift also.

Phantomrain.org
Elite Gear to fly in the Rain !
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada