DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intentional Roll

Jim.b

Reactions
Hi folks.

I'm new Mavic owner, awaiting delivery, days away from first flight. One thing I've noticed about the multitude of Mavic videos on youtube is that none of them seems to show any roll. I know this is often undesirable for AP, but I think it might make some nice shots. I'm thinking here specifically about banking turns and drifts, which would need the gimbal to lock the horizontal correction so it doesn't try to compensate. Is that possible?

Jim

You could also set the Gimbal Mode to "FPV" in DJI GO. Here's the difference between "Follow" (what most people use) and "FPV":

I would recommend FPV mode as opposed to Fixed Wing Mode. Fixed Wing Mode changes the flight characteristics of the Mavic completely.

In Airplane mode, they are buttery smooth, "analog".
Buttery smooth movements can also be achieved in FPV mode if you control the sticks with buttery smooth movements.

Another difference between FPV mode and Fixed Wing mode is that in FPV the footage looks like the camera is attached to a pendulum that swings (with some lag, too) as you turn; in Fixed Wing, it looks like the camera is fixed, and the whole aircraft is smoothly rolling and turning, just like an airplane.

Only prob is that fixed wing mode often has small glitches that ruin your shot. Found training to be smooth in FPV mode gave better results even if it's quite hard with the relatively poor sticks of the Mavic RC.

I'm new Mavic owner, awaiting delivery, days away from first flight.

By the way, you can read the aircraft manual and app manual BEFORE your Mavic arrives. They are on DJI's website. You'll be glad you did - it's too overwhelming when the Mavic arrives and usually people don't read the manual as the urge to fly is so strong. Result = quick crash and rivers of tears.

The manual has the answer to this question. And many many more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21