DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting DJI Accessory Pricing Strategy

Nice charger. I had one as well, till I realized that it doesn't stop charging once the batteries are full like the DJI hub. This means that the batteries become overcharged and loose their ability to hold a charge. Not the best option out , but it works , just disconnect the batteries soon as they are charged
This is not true. The battery stops accepting a charge when it is full. It has nothing to do with where it gets its power from. The "chargers" whether it is the DJI charger or an aftermarket one, is only a power supply for the battery. All of the charging, calculating and balancing is done inside the intelligent battery.

The charger is still supposed to supply 13.05V and not higher. If higher the batteries will cut indeed so that it stays safe, but throw an overcharge error at you.

Heard of a couple of these blue charger being badly adjusted but most being OK.

Nice charger. I had one as well, till I realized that it doesn't stop charging once the batteries are full like the DJI hub. This means that the batteries become overcharged and loose their ability to hold a charge. Not the best option out , but it works , just disconnect the batteries soon as they are charged

You must not have had the same charger then, or you had a defective one. The one I linked to most certainly does stop charging when the batteries or accessories are fully charged.

I’ve been using this charger for months and have been very, very happy with it.

Reactions: Trolleydodger
So would a P4 charger charging a single mavic battery work? And if so would it be faster?

I have this “blue” charger mine came as requested with UK mains lead and works perfectly each battery shutting off when full. Charging 3 batteries remote and my iPad mini 4 simultaneously:)

I must reiterate my charger charges all batteries simultaneously and stops charging each when each one full !

Never overcharged any battery and I now have 4 :)

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Do you (or anybody who uses this charger) explain this:

81dcJ1c-d2L._SL1200_.jpg

Does this mean that batteries may stop charging when they are not at 100% and require to replug them to continue charging? This pic confused me.

That's how I understood it. Seems faffy

And even more: the standalone charger takes 1hr 20min to charge; the hub takes same time per battery... but the Advanced hub is about 20min faster. The hub is a passive device, it only decides which battery to charge first. So how come the Advanced is faster? It must be telling the charger, hey, Advanced hub here, increase your output! Basically, it's the same hardware, but different firmware (yes, hub has its own micro USB for firmware updates, although none available).

Not quite right, the advanced hub also charges the next depleted battery as soon as the first entered 'constant voltage' mode i.e. it starts the next when the bulk charge ends. Yep, this is NOT parallel charging, have to agree, but it does ultimately charge all 4 faster than the normal hub. Fact.

This is not true. The battery stops accepting a charge when it is full. It has nothing to do with where it gets its power from. The "chargers" whether it is the DJI charger or an aftermarket one, is only a power supply for the battery. All of the charging, calculating and balancing is done inside the intelligent battery.
Although ur explanation is logical it wouldn't explain why all the light on all the batteries stayed ignited green after charged. The battery is supposed intelligently monitor charge the battery and maintain the balance of the cells. But if the power is dirty going in it cooks the process. Keep in mind the charger is not JUST a power supply - But also a filter. The power coming from the charger is as clean as it gets. Just to mention that after using this specific charger a few times my cell capacity dropped quite a bit it. Meaning that it would not maintain full charge and discharge alot quicker. I would normally get 22 Min odd on a battery after 5 charges on this charger I couldn't get more than 15 a pack. Even in Healthy drones battery monitor it showed a SERIOUS decline in cell capacity. So I dunno. Personally I wouldn't use it.

Last edited:
Although ur explanation is logical it wouldn't explain why all the light on all the batteries stayed ignited green after charged. The battery is supposed intelligently monitor charge the battery and maintain the balance of the cells. But if the power is dirty going in it cooks the process. Keep in mind the charger is not JUST a power supply - But also a filter. The power coming from the charger is as clean as it gets. Just to mention that after using this specific charger a few times my cell capacity dropped quite a bit it. Meaning that it would not maintain full charge and discharge alot quicker. I would normally get 22 Min odd on a battery after 5 charges on this charger I couldn't get more than 15 a pack. Even in Healthy drones battery monitor it showed a SERIOUS decline in cell capacity. So I dunno. Personally I wouldn't use it.
I've ordered one out of curiosity.
I'll try test it on an oscilloscope at work and compare noise ratio to the stock dji charger.

Reactions: BLSPro
So I was thinking about getting either the charging hub ($39) or the advanced charging hub ($55). After a little thought, it occurred to me that for $38, I could charge 3 batteries at ONCE....with three outlets. Truthfully, is anyone else wondering why you'd buy a hub when a whole charger is only $19....other than bag space?

LP

I love the hub. So easy to just put my 3 batteries on charge. Come back and all done. No swapping over. Well worth the money. I have the standard charger which works fine for my needs.

Man some of you guys are cheap! I bought the advanced hub and the Phantom 4 160w charger. This setup let's me charge my Crystalsky batteries, my Mavic batteries and my controller at the same time super fast. I've tried aftermarket batteries and chargers in the past with some bad experiences. I'd rather spend the few extra dollars and have more peace of mind.

Reactions: Alloy
BUT...I still contend that by spending only $38 bucks, I could charge 3 batteries faster than even the advanced hub with P4 charger....because I could charge all 3 batteries at the same time.

LP

Reactions: HWCM
Interesting that the Phantom hub has a switch for ‘storage’ mode where it half-charges the batteries, but for the Mavic, DJI don’t offer a storage option

BUT...I still contend that b
y spending only $38 bucks, I could charge 3 batteries faster than even the advanced hub with P4 charger....because I could charge all 3 batteries at the same time.

LP

Hmm...where are you getting all of the ac cords? Hahaha! That's probably true but for my purposes with the Crystalsky monitor, this was definitely the best option. One charger to rule them all!

20171109_223025.jpg

I've ordered one out of curiosity.
I'll try test it on an oscilloscope at work and compare noise ratio to the stock dji charger.
Sadly I didn't have a scope to check power signals. Cud also be that I had a dud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky