DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting DJI Accessory Pricing Strategy

Okay, I bought the the 160w charger and to be honest, I just wanted it to be black for looks. According to DJI there's no advantage to the larger charger. In fact, there's one disadvantage, the 100w uses the same ac cord as the Mavic charger, the 160w does not. So if you do decide on the 160w make sure that you buy the ac cable which is the 180w cable from the Inspire 2. It costs $9 and is Part 26.

Oh and the 160w charger is 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1. I don't have the 100w but for what it's worth, the Mavic charger is 50w 4 1/2 x 2 x 1 1/4 so I'll go out on a limb and say that the 100w is somewhere in between those two 5 1/2 x 2 1/4 x 1 the extra thickness of the Mavic charger is probably due to the stacked usb ports more than anything else. The other two chargers don't have them.

Last edited:
Okay, I bought the the 160w charger and to be honest, I just wanted it to be black for looks. According to DJI there's no advantage to the larger charger. In fact, there's one disadvantage, the 100w uses the same ac cord as the Mavic charger, the 160w does not. So if you do decide on the 160w make sure that you buy the ac cable which is the 180w cable from the Inspire 2. It costs $9 and is Part 26.

Oh and the 160w charger is 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1. I don't have the 100w but for what it's worth, the Mavic charger is 50w 4 1/2 x 2 x 1 1/4 so I'll go out on a limb and say that the 100w is somewhere in between those two 5 1/2 x 2 1/4 x 1 the extra thickness of the Mavic charger is probably due to the stacked usb ports more than anything else. The other two chargers don't have them.

Thank you - really useful info!
I Googled for hours...

Thank you - really useful info!
I Googled for hours...

No problem, the main take away is that the best "deal" is the 100w but since I plan on getting a P4 next year, I'm planning ahead...along with just liking the black.

You probably already know this but on the advanced charging hub page, it gives the relative charging times of the compatible chargers peaking with the 100w at 2.5 hours for 4 batteries. I charged 3 Mavic batteries, my CS battery and my charger in under 2 yesterday. Probably closer to 1 1/2... I didn't time it but it was dang quick.

Reactions: CX15

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 38
I wonder if DJI can tell when someone uses an off brand charger? You constantly hear guys complain that DJI customer support won't take care of them but since they took care of me no problem, I sometimes wonder what was different? Were they using a 3rd party app? Were they on outdated firmware or hadn't updated the DJI app for some reason? Maybe they were using non DJI accessories.... Hmmm...

I wonder if DJI can tell when someone uses an off brand charger? You constantly hear guys complain that DJI customer support won't take care of them but since they took care of me no problem, I sometimes wonder what was different? Were they using a 3rd party app? Were they on outdated firmware or hadn't updated the DJI app for some reason? Maybe they were using non DJI accessories.... Hmmm...
From a warranty standpoint that makes perfect sense and I could see a company that offers all the supplies not uphold the warranty due to aftermarket things just like a car will not cover a warranty item if you alter it with aftermarket parts

If it works right, no. If it's badly adjusted like some and triggers the overcharge then yes since that will be logged in the battery's memory.

That makes sense. I thought it might go deeper considering the fact that we have to update our batteries individually when we update the firmware.

From a warranty standpoint that makes perfect sense and I could see a company that offers all the supplies not uphold the warranty due to aftermarket things just like a car will not cover a warranty item if you alter it with aftermarket parts

Yea that's kind of my train of thought as well. I know I sometimes sound like a DJI fanboy or whatever, but they didn't bat an eye to help me and I had a "new" drone in a couple weeks. What made them immediately say yes to me but no to someone else? When I read about how some of these guys refuse to update, are jail breaking their quads or use inexpensive aftermarket equipment. I just wonder if that plays a part...?

If it works right, no. If it's badly adjusted like some and triggers the overcharge then yes since that will be logged in the battery's memory.
The battery has no memory or memory chip, or any way to record anything.

Just stop talking of what you know nothing about please.
Yes it does, and you can go check a battery's log in the GO4 app.

Last edited:
Just stop talking of what you know nothing about please.
Yes it does, and you can go check a battery's log in the GO4 app.
Again, you are wrong.
Please stop misinforming people.

So I was thinking about getting either the charging hub ($39) or the advanced charging hub ($55). After a little thought, it occurred to me that for $38, I could charge 3 batteries at ONCE....with three outlets. Truthfully, is anyone else wondering why you'd buy a hub when a whole charger is only $19....other than bag space?

LP
How's that work out for you when you're not around outlets, lol

The simplest reason to buy the hub over additional chargers is that the hub, when combined with the car charger, is a mobile solution as well. Unless you want to buy multiple power inverters to go along with your multiple charging solution on the road :)

Reactions: k3vnnyork
You're one of the last people I'd argue with on specs and data. No thank you!

Any idea why we have to update the batteries with the firmware?
Maybe the firmware for drone is stored in the battery. Or because its a intelligent battery and has iys own chips and stuff it needs to be updated with quad

How's that work out for you when you're not around outlets, lol

The simplest reason to buy the hub over additional chargers is that the hub, when combined with the car charger, is a mobile solution as well. Unless you want to buy multiple power inverters to go along with your multiple charging solution on the road :)

Works just fine. My inverter has multiple outlets.
LP

I've retired my hub, dislike that hanging-by-contacts, no-battery-support, need-flat-surface, taking-too-much-space star design. The worst design ever! Rest in a drawer, Mr. Hub!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure