DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting Home Point Issue - fly away

JustinVV

Reactions
I was out riding. I stopped to set up the drone to get some aerials. I got a home point and put it up in a stationary hover, I rode my motor bike under the camera. To get it back to me I thought I would just reset the home point to the controller and RTH it back.

Thats when it happened. Instead of using the controller position it used a point that had been set at the previous flight. As it was 8kms away, it popped an alert that said the battery was to low for RHT and it automatically started heading to the point. I lost sight of it, the app started to get real flakey, I couldn't see my location (Blue dot) it had disappeared, and I couldn't see the drone. I killed the app and restarted it, still no go. I flew it back just on the controller display, just maneuvering until I could see the distance decreasing the fastest. I then got eye contact and flew it back.. By this time the App has started to work and I could see my position as well..

The question is why did it reset the home point like this??

Anyway, just a bit of info for anyone who might have seen the same.

Video here

I was out riding. I stopped to set up the drone to get some aerials. I got a home point and put it up in a stationary hover, I rode my motor bike under the camera. To get it back to me I thought I would just reset the home point to the controller and RTH it back.

Thats when it happened. Instead of using the controller position it used a point that had been set at the previous flight. As it was 8kms away, it popped an alert that said the battery was to low for RHT and it automatically started heading to the point. I lost sight of it, the app started to get real flakey, I couldn't see my location (Blue dot) it had disappeared, and I couldn't see the drone. I killed the app and restarted it, still no go. I flew it back just on the controller display, just maneuvering until I could see the distance decreasing the fastest. I then got eye contact and flew it back.. By this time the App has started to work and I could see my position as well..

The question is why did it reset the home point like this??

Anyway, just a bit of info for anyone who might have seen the same.

Video here

Glad you got it back JustinVV, excellent critical thinking under pressure.

Ha! Thought it might have been a bug. It was an arse clenching moment that’s for sure. I was using .700. It, now .1000. Might test it again.

I don’t seem to have the over exposure issue with .1000, but don’t know it was the app update that fixed it as I didn’t fly it with the first .1000 app version.

It's the app that has the bug, not the aircraft firmware. Which app version are you using?

It's the app that has the bug, not the aircraft firmware. Which app version are you using?
I cant remember the version number for the issue, but the one that come out with .700 from memory. I could probably look up the logs, I am sure they capture it in there.

Now I have it updated to the latest one out that I think fixed the exposure issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy